Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can not update imovie on my computer

I get a message:

"The iMovie application could not be updated with your Apple ID because it was credited or purchased through another Apple ID account."

I'm connected to an Apple account on both my computer and my browser.

Mac mini, macOS 12.0

Posted on Dec 9, 2021 2:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2021 9:30 AM

Did you ever set up an Apple I.D. for your new Mac? For Mac's running Catalina or later, I believe you can click on Apple

Logo/System Preferences/Apple I.D. and that might give you some screens that will help.

You also can create an Applie I.D. here:

appleid.apple.com.account

However, changing your Apple I.D. can cause some issues. See this link:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204071

Before doing anything with your Apple I.D, you might consider calling Apple Support and discussing your update issue with the techs there. They have the capability of remotely accessing your computer that we can not do here. Click on the Get Support item in the upper right hand corner of this forum's screen. Navigate to a place where you can enter your phone number.

-- Rich

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 12, 2021 9:30 AM in response to OdeyaT

Did you ever set up an Apple I.D. for your new Mac? For Mac's running Catalina or later, I believe you can click on Apple

Logo/System Preferences/Apple I.D. and that might give you some screens that will help.

You also can create an Applie I.D. here:

appleid.apple.com.account

However, changing your Apple I.D. can cause some issues. See this link:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204071

Before doing anything with your Apple I.D, you might consider calling Apple Support and discussing your update issue with the techs there. They have the capability of remotely accessing your computer that we can not do here. Click on the Get Support item in the upper right hand corner of this forum's screen. Navigate to a place where you can enter your phone number.

-- Rich

I can not update imovie on my computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.