Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 15.2 Battery Drain

Is anyone experiencing battery drain since updating to iOS 15.2? If so, any tips for what to do about it? I just updated this morning. Thanks!

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Dec 14, 2021 11:51 AM

237 replies

Dec 28, 2021 2:50 AM in response to AndrewBuckle

AndrewBuckle wrote: "...my iPhone 7. Hardly lasts..."

Andrew ~ With an older iPhone model such as your iPhone 7, it's worth checking the battery. If it's still the original 5 year-old battery, the long process of applying an iOS update can strain a weak, aging battery and be "the straw that broke the camel's back".

Does your iPhone 7 still have its original battery?

What's the Maximum Capacity % here?...

Settings > Battery > Battery Health

...And is there an "Important Battery Message" there? [Ref: Apple]

õ¿õ¬

Dec 28, 2021 4:43 AM in response to AndrewBuckle

AndrewBuckle wrote: "yes, original battery and it is listed at 91%. Perhaps that is the case that it is worn out (only recently got the phone, it is not an old phone ... about a year old)"

Andrew ~ Regardless of that unexpectedly high 91% capacity, the original battery is 5 years–old so due for replacement. (And its age would explain the iPhone 7's symptoms.)

iPhone Battery & Power Repair

õ¿õ¬

Dec 28, 2021 1:28 PM in response to oldtimer2021

oldtimer2021 wrote: 'IPhone 7"

oldtimer ~ With an older iPhone model such as your iPhone 7, it's worth checking the battery. If it's still the original 5 year-old battery, the long process of applying an iOS update can strain a weak, aging battery and be "the straw that broke the camel's back".

õ¿õ¬

Dec 29, 2021 3:32 AM in response to oldtimer2021

oldtimer2021 wrote: "the phone is 4 years old. the battery charge capacity has dropped to 83% no message from Apple..."

oldtimer ~ 83% isn't healthy and, being 4 years–old, your iPhone 7 may refuse to start up in the coming months or year. If you'd prefer to avoid that possible situation, have the battery replaced sooner rather than later:

õ¿õ¬

Dec 31, 2021 2:22 AM in response to tay292

tay292 wrote: "Mine iphone 7. "

tay ~ With an older iPhone model such as your iPhone 7, it's worth checking the battery. If it's still the original 5 year-old battery, the long process of applying an iOS update can strain a weak, aging battery and be "the straw that broke the camel's back".

õ¿õ¬

Jan 8, 2022 6:00 AM in response to BasCelik

One more final post here for same topic.

To confirm my observations, I left my phone with iCloud account connected in settings yesterday. As predicted (I played with the buggy SW for some time) the battery drain was quite huge. I logged out from my AppleId account in the morning, and to my surprise, nothing has changed. Then after 12pm, I've remembered that I have another appleId account connected in Mail settings (only to read e-mails from previous, old account). I deleted it and now as predicted - battery consumption dropped to ~0%.

So conclusion from this (and previous) measurements are that no matter how I use ApppleId, if my 12mini is connected to AppleId, through:

• "Login to iCloud" in Settings,
  • second Mail AppleId account in Mail settings,
  • AppStore (to download new apps),
  • Music (to listen to paid music).

some bug in 15.2 (or on server side - who knows) makes some background process work continuously which results in battery drain.

The bug is so obvious ( and I think concerns not only me) that I count on Apple to resolve it in next release.

Jan 12, 2022 2:19 AM in response to faizal73

faizal73 wrote: "...battery not genuie appler battery . . but , before nothing problem ."

faizal ~ Apple says: "Using nongenuine batteries might also result in unexpected behavior after installation, device software updates, or while charging. Using nongenuine batteries might also lead to safety issues." Source:

About genuine iPhone batteries

...So have the nongenuine battery replaced with a genuine one:

õ¿õ¬

Jan 12, 2022 2:52 AM in response to jackv3

jackv3 wrote: "faizal73 reported problem with draining battery after upgrade, not after battery replacement..."

jackv3 ~ faizal73 has both situations: a draining nongenuine battery after a device software update, exactly as Apple warns: "Using nongenuine batteries might also result in unexpected behavior after installation, device software updates, or while charging. Using nongenuine batteries might also lead to safety issues." Source:

About genuine iPhone batteries

õ¿õ¬

iOS 15.2 Battery Drain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.