Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 15.3 battery drain

Battery keeps draining so fast even when the phone is on standby.

Dunno what is this, but since the ios 15 was released, the battery of my iphone 11 (97% of battery health) was dumb.

The phone get really hot in some apps (like instagram while watching stories or reels videos) and the battery just drain like summer rains.

i’ve tried everything that they told me to do, but it doesn’t changed. I was hoping that IOS 15.3 will solve this problem, and nothing happened 🤡

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jan 29, 2022 4:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2022 4:41 AM

Hello,

These are the standard steps for short battery life. See if anything helps:

1) Have you tried a restart?  If not, do it now.

2) Go to Settings > Battery > BATTERY USAGE BY APP to see the apps that are consuming your battery.

3) Check “Battery Health” in the link: 

iPhone Battery and Performance

4) If all else fails, consider a battery replacement:

iPhone Battery & Power Repair

Also see these battery charging tips:

When to charge your iPhone or iPad

Good luck.

94 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 30, 2022 4:41 AM in response to murilo96

Hello,

These are the standard steps for short battery life. See if anything helps:

1) Have you tried a restart?  If not, do it now.

2) Go to Settings > Battery > BATTERY USAGE BY APP to see the apps that are consuming your battery.

3) Check “Battery Health” in the link: 

iPhone Battery and Performance

4) If all else fails, consider a battery replacement:

Also see these battery charging tips:

When to charge your iPhone or iPad

Good luck.

Jan 30, 2022 9:08 PM in response to murilo96

Exactly the same issues with all phones in our family - regardless of phone age (various), battery health (70-85% across devices), usage (mix of apps and usage patterns), turning tracking off and on, changing mix of apps in use at any one time, using the latest OS release, starting and restarting phones, this issue persists. It’s obviously something at the operating system level in OS15 - fiddling with phone settings is a waste of time. Been frustrated for weeks since phones randomly go from full battery to nil in minutes, and sometimes they don’t. The inconsistency is nuts, and none of the responses from Apple actually address this issue - could someone from Apple please respond with anything other than a standard form letter? Thanks!

Feb 11, 2022 12:23 AM in response to jawadunn

I'm running the same iOS on ip12 apart from the little blip at 8pm where I plugged it in to get 15.3.1

Perfectly normal. and you can see how long each hour I was online. The all night usage is my bedside clock display and the optimised charging is also shown.

Apple are not here to hear uour plea but you can reach out to Apple Support directly. You should be able to reach them here: contact Apple Support 

Feb 6, 2022 10:16 PM in response to Alancito

Alancito wrote:

Although Apple administers these communities, that doesn't include reading each of thousands of daily posts for possible feedback. However, Apple will "read all feedback carefully" here:

iPhone Feedback

õ¿õ¬

Alancito, you are aware of the fact that 15.2 and 15.3 are not listed in the "iOS Version" drop-down menu. Some countries are not listed either (mine isn’t). Do you really believe that Apple are reading the feedback? It would be nice if they did. I sincerely doubt they do.

Feb 10, 2022 6:27 AM in response to bessy244

bessy244 wrote: "...IPhone 8 , battery charge and drains so fast ,with this new update , battery capacity on my phone is 86%..."

bessy ~ 86% isn't too bad, but more importantly the battery is 4.5 years old and thus due for replacement. Also, the long process of applying an iOS update can strain a weak, aging battery and be the proverbial "straw that broke the camel's back".

õ¿õ¬

Mar 23, 2022 9:05 AM in response to ficelles

Sorry posted in error I was in the wrong thread.

Actually yes, anyone level 2 or above is expected to report to the moderators where "terms of use" are abused.

Fancy getting there? Solve a few hundred user problems is all it takes to get to level 2.

Meanwhile read this and if none of it works get a new battery.

The last update killed my battery! - Apple Community

iOS 15.3 battery drain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.