Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

13 pro max battery showing 99% after two month

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 17, 2022 8:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2022 10:51 AM

My iPhone 13 pro max is at 89% battery health after 4.5 months. I do use the wireless charger dock at night. This may have something to do with the quick battery degradation. I’m on the iPhone forever plan so I get a new one every year. I’m not too worried about the battery health since I’ll get a new one in September. I can tell that the battery doesn’t last quite last as long now.

95 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 20, 2022 10:51 AM in response to subeeshpm

My iPhone 13 pro max is at 89% battery health after 4.5 months. I do use the wireless charger dock at night. This may have something to do with the quick battery degradation. I’m on the iPhone forever plan so I get a new one every year. I’m not too worried about the battery health since I’ll get a new one in September. I can tell that the battery doesn’t last quite last as long now.

Feb 17, 2022 8:34 PM in response to subeeshpm

I have the iPhone 13 Pro Max as well. My battery health is at 98% after having used it for 4 months.

Battery Health & Performance 

Your battery health is fine and is undergoing normal usage. iPhone batteries, like all rechargeable batteries, are consumable components that become less effective as they age. You should change out the battery once your Battery Health reaches below 80% which will take over 2 years to reach under normal usage. Until then enjoy your iPhone.

Here is some more reading on an iPhone battery and its performance ➡️ iPhone Battery and Performance - Apple Support

Axel F.  

May 6, 2022 7:11 AM in response to _theuser

Reposting what is already posted on this page:

You’re doing fine; Batteries are consumables; they lose a little capacity every time they are discharged, then recharged. On average this works out to about a 1% loss for every 25 “full charge cycles”. As one example, if you charge the phone overnight, every night (and that is what you should do; it is a best practice), it starts the day at 100%. If it drops to 20% by the end of the day before you charge it again overnight that counts as 0.8 full charge cycles (20% to 100%), or about 24 full charge cycles per month of use. For this example your battery capacity will lose about 1% per month. Of course, if the end-of-day level is higher than 20% the capacity loss will be a little less, and if it is lower than 20%, or you charge it during the day, the capacity loss will be higher.

The absolute best way to get maximum use on a charge, as well as slow the decline of battery capacity long term is to enable Optimized Battery Charging (Settings/Battery/Battery Health) and charge the device overnight, every night. The battery will fast charge to 80%, then pause. During the nighttime pause the phone will use mains power instead of battery power, allowing the battery to “rest”, and thus reducing the need to charge the battery quite as often. The phone will resume charging to reach 100% when you are ready to use your phone; it will “learn” your usage pattern. If you enable iCloud Backup (Settings/[your name]/iCloud - iCloud Backup) the phone will back up overnight also, assuring that you can never lose more than the current day’s updates.

Jun 27, 2022 1:39 PM in response to shuaib26

shuaib26 wrote:

Same here 99 percent in two months and I have barely charged the battery passed 90 percent ever been taking utmost care about the battery.
I know people having 10 months age still it’s 100 percent
it’s really disappointing
add to that my camera opens on its one at least 10 times a day

Batteries are consumables; they lose a little capacity every time they are discharged, then recharged. On average this works out to about a 1% loss for every 25 “full charge cycles”. As one example, if you charge the phone overnight, every night (and that is what you should do; it is a best practice), it starts the day at 100%. If it drops to 20% by the end of the day before you charge it again overnight that counts as 0.8 full charge cycles (20% to 100%), or about 24 full charge cycles per month of use. For this example your battery capacity will lose about 1% per month. Of course, if the end-of-day level is higher than 20% the capacity loss will be a little less, and if it is lower than 20%, or you charge it during the day, the capacity loss will be higher.

Once the capacity drops below 80%, or if there is a message in Battery Health that the battery is not meeting peak performance expectations, it’s time to change the battery→iPhone Battery Replacement - Official Apple Support

The absolute best way to get maximum use on a charge, as well as slow the decline of battery capacity long term is to enable Optimized Battery Charging (Settings/Battery/Battery Health) and charge the device overnight, every night. The battery will fast charge to 80%, then pause. During the nighttime pause the phone will use mains power instead of battery power, allowing the battery to “rest”, and thus reducing the need to charge the battery quite as often. The phone will resume charging to reach 100% when you are ready to use your phone; it will “learn” your usage pattern. If you enable iCloud Backup (Settings/[your name]/iCloud - iCloud Backup) the phone will back up overnight also, assuring that you can never lose more than the current day’s updates. Here's more information→About Optimized Battery Charging on your iPhone - Apple Support

Nov 2, 2022 8:46 AM in response to Eliabbas

Eliabbas wrote:

I know this bruh ! But 1% drop in just 6 days is very disturbing

But how long before that did it drop at all? Decline in battery health is not linear. It may stay the same for weeks or months then drop a couple of percentage points.

and i use 5w charger!
my brightness is always at 0 I never let my phone get head up

See here for charging advice:

When to charge your iPhone or iPad - Apple Community

Nov 3, 2022 6:15 AM in response to Eliabbas

Eliabbas wrote:

bruh but some of friends have the same model (13 pro max) and they’re still at 99-100 :/ they use fast charger and I never use a fast charger I am using 5w ! Can u pls tell me 5w is good for battery health or faster 20w

Unless those friends have exactly the same apps on their phone, which they are using at the exact same locations as you for the exact same amount of time, and are receiving the same number of length of phone calls with the exact same signal strength, you can't make a comparison.

I've already given you a link on battery charging but, in case you missed it, here it is again:

When to charge your iPhone or iPad - Apple Community

Review the information in that article on optimized battery charging.

You need to understand that your battery capacity will decline no matter what you do. There is nothing you can do to change that and precious little you can do to slow it down. What you're seeing is normal, expected behavior.

My advice, which I know you won't take, is to stop worrying about it. Check the battery health again before the warranty runs out. If it's below 80%, have Apple replace it. Other than that, don't even look at battery health unless you're experiencing a problem with your battery.

Apr 11, 2022 10:44 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

I'm quite worried as I am always particular about my phone's battery. I had posted here a week ago saying that my battery health just came down to 99 % after 3 months. Then after 3 days it came down to 98% to which I'm surprised, and just now I checked its 97 %.

So after 3 months 100 % to 99%, then after 3 days 98% then after 4 days 97%.

I need some suggestions, I'm not liking this, I'm like upset right now.

Mar 20, 2022 2:25 PM in response to J325is

J325is wrote:

My iPhone 13 pro max is at 89% battery health after 4.5 months. I do use the wireless charger dock at night. This may have something to do with the quick battery degradation.

No, how you charge it doesn’t have anything to do with it. I use a wireless charger dock every night, and I have for over 3 years. My battery health is 94%. It’s more likely that your battery is defective; after 4.5 months it would be expected to be over 96% in normal use. Use the Contact Support link to have it checked by Apple.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.