Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Having problems with MAC Pro (after 2013) crashing and overheating since the upgrade to Monterrey 12.2.1. Anyone else experiencing this problem?

My MAC Pro is overheating and crashing - I can see the temperature in CleanMyMac. It even occurs when I don't have any applications open and got worse after the last upgrade. I wish there were a way to go back to the last version and just upgrade security code only. I have called Apple Support several times and have gotten different and puzzling points of view- one person told me I had too much ram. Is there such a thing?- I think not. Is Apple purposively forcing users of older machines to upgrade with this new code? My fan is working fine. Don't know what to do besides buy a new MacPro. Anyone else with an older machine experiencing similar issues?

Posted on Mar 15, 2022 1:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2022 10:07 AM

I am incredibly grateful to you for your suggestion to uninstall CleanMyMac. Since I have done so, there have been no crashes whatsoever. That is a big deal when you are trying to run a business that offers virtual classes. The computer is still getting warm- and I assume that because it is intel not M1 it must work harder to keep up with new apps. Soon I will be purchasing another MacPro, but I don't have to rush now. I can take time to decide what I need. Thank you so much for your help!

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 17, 2022 10:07 AM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

I am incredibly grateful to you for your suggestion to uninstall CleanMyMac. Since I have done so, there have been no crashes whatsoever. That is a big deal when you are trying to run a business that offers virtual classes. The computer is still getting warm- and I assume that because it is intel not M1 it must work harder to keep up with new apps. Soon I will be purchasing another MacPro, but I don't have to rush now. I can take time to decide what I need. Thank you so much for your help!

Mar 15, 2022 2:30 PM in response to Ofiranet

If you are running CleanMyMac, your issues are not something Apples did -- your wounds are self-inflicted.

Get rid of that third-party "Cleaner", along with "protectors", "speeder uppers", virus detectors, or VPN* -- then maybe your Mac has a chance of working properly.

Effective defenses against malware and ot… - Apple Community

*unless provided by your Institution.

Mar 15, 2022 7:27 PM in response to Ofiranet

If you were running Monterey, you probably don't need to, because Monterey uses a double-locked system Volume that is really hard to mess up permanently.

There is a little discovery utility written by a senior contributor on these forums, called Etrecheck. If Fixes NOTHING. Its reason for being is to create a report of what is going on inside your Mac. The report is pre-launderd of all personally-identifiable information, and can be posted back here on the forums, This article may help:

Using EtreCheck to Troubleshoot Potential… - Apple Community

Having problems with MAC Pro (after 2013) crashing and overheating since the upgrade to Monterrey 12.2.1. Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.