Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Monterey update completely screwed up wireless printing for my MacBook Air

I have a 2017 13-inch Macbook Air which was updated to Monterey from Catalina.

After the update I have been unable to resume normal printing.

I had a Samsung M2020W and an HP 107W. immediately after the update all the printers were viewed as offline, while at the same time a Windows 10 laptop on the same network works fine.

I tried deleting and reinstalling, resetting the printer settings on the mac, in short, everything that has been described on the internet.

I soon realised that the HP 107W is not supported by Monterey, neither is wireless setup of the Samsung as the relevant software is incompatible.

The samsung only works via USB, and the HP does not work at all...

As this is my work laptop and I need the be able to print, I went out and bought a Brother HL-1210W which is supposed to be compatible with Monterey.

This works on an on and off basis. I installad it and it seemed to work with a test print, but soon after that the printer seems to be offline while all other computers seem to work fine with it...

I have come to the end of my tether with Monterey and I will try to downgrade to Catalina, but any advice is welcome

MacBook Air

Posted on May 14, 2022 7:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 14, 2022 7:38 AM

The HP Laser 107w is Airprint compatible

About AirPrint - Apple Support

And thus should work in Monterey

Have you tried resetting the Print System and readding the printer?

What driver options are available?

For the Samsung have you tried:

SAMSUNG PRINTER Universal Driver

The inconsistent working of the Brother is harder to determine.

Try booting to Safe Mode. That boot up takes minutes and clears caches and other things that may resolve your problem.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

DOes it work consistently in Safe Mode?

A lot of times just boot to Safe Mode followed by normal boot resolves problems.

If no problem in Safe Mode but problem returns after a normal boot that mean something is being loaded during a normal boot that is causing the problem.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 14, 2022 7:38 AM in response to GeorgeZZZ

The HP Laser 107w is Airprint compatible

About AirPrint - Apple Support

And thus should work in Monterey

Have you tried resetting the Print System and readding the printer?

What driver options are available?

For the Samsung have you tried:

SAMSUNG PRINTER Universal Driver

The inconsistent working of the Brother is harder to determine.

Try booting to Safe Mode. That boot up takes minutes and clears caches and other things that may resolve your problem.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

DOes it work consistently in Safe Mode?

A lot of times just boot to Safe Mode followed by normal boot resolves problems.

If no problem in Safe Mode but problem returns after a normal boot that mean something is being loaded during a normal boot that is causing the problem.

May 16, 2022 1:37 PM in response to GeorgeZZZ

Hi,

There is a new (May 9, 2022) V3.93.03 universal print driver for macOS 12 and the Samsung Xpress SL-M2020W Laser Printer. Have you tried this version?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/samsung-xpress-sl-m2020-laser-printer-series/16462592/model/16462596

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/SS/Print_Common_SW/Samsung_Mac_Driver_V3.93.03.dmg

Also, if necessary, it ought to be possible to carry out a manual wireless setup, instead of using special (incompatible) software.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05790048.pdf

Monterey update completely screwed up wireless printing for my MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.