Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't migrate WhatsApp from Android to IOS with the Move to IOS

Hi all,

In the last few days there was an announcement that you can migrate the your WhatsApp history from Android to IOS - FINALLY!

This is the official article in WhatsApp - https://faq.whatsapp.com/530788665445780/?helpref=faq_content

I've done everything correctly step by step (I have a new iPhone 13 factory reset). When I open the Move to IOS app on Android, there is no WhatsApp option!

I don't understand why this new feature is not working and I need help. I really want to move to my new iPhone and this is the only element preventing me from doing it.

Please help!!!

Thanks

Posted on Jun 17, 2022 10:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2022 1:07 PM

The same answer over and over again "contact WhatsApp is not an Apple issue", well ......

It is the Move to IOS app from Apple itself wich is causing this problem....

I have the same problem, no support or no explenation why, thats makes it very dissapointing to accept that is not working.

This is an very warm welcome for Android users who are trying and exploring IOS and apple devices.

I have a brand new iPhone 13 mini and will not use it before WhatsApp is working properly with my original chat history.

The other option is to buy third party software and not noing what they do with my data ....

Here is another post where the same issue is anserwed the same way: How to transfer WhatsApp data when moving… - Apple Community

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 27, 2022 1:07 PM in response to muguy

The same answer over and over again "contact WhatsApp is not an Apple issue", well ......

It is the Move to IOS app from Apple itself wich is causing this problem....

I have the same problem, no support or no explenation why, thats makes it very dissapointing to accept that is not working.

This is an very warm welcome for Android users who are trying and exploring IOS and apple devices.

I have a brand new iPhone 13 mini and will not use it before WhatsApp is working properly with my original chat history.

The other option is to buy third party software and not noing what they do with my data ....

Here is another post where the same issue is anserwed the same way: How to transfer WhatsApp data when moving… - Apple Community

Jun 28, 2022 4:29 AM in response to muguy

The story as of mid-June was that this new feature is out as Beta and is slowly being rolled out across the world. Because WhasApp already has newer versions than mentioned in the articles, it seems that the rollout has taken place.

However, the new copy function from Android to IOS is still under Beta, that's why it didn't work before. It was not clear to me that it is still under Beta until I linked to an explainer video via another post on this forum.

=> see the other post here: How to transfer WhatsApp data when moving… - Apple Community

In my case it is now working, I can see the WhatsApp option in the "Move to IOS" app.

So my previous assumption that the "Move to IOS" app is the reason it doesn't work was (indeed) wrong.

Can't migrate WhatsApp from Android to IOS with the Move to IOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.