Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac iCloud sync frozen at 99%

Hi everyone!

Thanks in advance for your help.

On my Mac, files in iCloud Drive do not sync at times. The progress bar gets stuck at 99% and never finishes uploading the files I've worked on. The ONLY solution from everything I've found online is to restart the computer. Surely there must be a better, more efficient way to force iCloud to sync files. Does anyone know of a way? This is a huge issue for me and in order to continue working with iCloud Drive instead of Dropbox, I need to get this resolved. Please don't ask me to start in Safe Mode, or to try this with another user account because I've already tried every solution online and none have worked. It's a consistent, replicate-able problem.

Apple Support, if you are out there, surely there must be a solution.

Thanks again community!

Screenshot of file sync stuck at 99%:

Posted on Jul 7, 2022 7:29 PM

Similar questions

8 replies

Jul 8, 2022 1:43 AM in response to Captain_EO

Captain_EO Said:

"Mac iCloud sync frozen at 99%: Thank you for your assistance. The apps aren’t frozen so I can Quit them without applying a Force Quit. And I’ve tried this before. Quitting all open apps and restarting Finder does not restart the sync process. It remains frozen at 99%. Any other ideas on what might fix this issue?"

-------

You are welcome.

Wait it Out. Or Try Ethernet.

These seem to be large files. So, it may be gathering all of the caches, to proceed with finishing the upload. So, give it a few more hours. I would also try connecting an ethernet cable. If no Ethernet, using one of these adapters...

Jul 8, 2022 2:16 AM in response to Captain_EO

Make sure you didn't changed read and write permissions for those files If you need permission to open an item on Mac - Apple Support

Change permissions for files, folders, or disks on Mac - Apple Support

If the files were shared by some one else they had given no access to those files it won't sync If you don’t have permission to use files on a Mac disk - Apple Support , check your home permissions ( Modified Files No Longer Upload to Shared… - Apple Community ) apply the terminal command if essential .

Also repair disk utility Repair a storage device in Disk Utility on Mac - Apple Support

In Mac system system preferences > Apple ID > uncheck the box of optimise Mac storage .

Note : don't change name of file extensions or add .nosync before the file Show or hide filename extensions on Mac - Apple Support

See the article Use iCloud File Sharing to share documents with other iCloud users - Apple Support

Jul 9, 2022 8:40 AM in response to Captain_EO

Captain_EO,

I have a similar issue since February this year and I just can not find a solution. I found some ways to correct the folder that is stucked, but not the cause of the problem. It seems that it is a Mac OS bug. Please, see this forum iCloud for Mac is stuck on "waitin… | Apple Developer Forums.

I have tried the Apple Support, but they did not give a solution. They told me they would send the issue to engineering staff, but I have never received the answer.

If anyone has a solution, please share with us. By the way, I have a Macbook Air 2020 M1 running Monterey 12.2.1.

Regards,

Luiz

Mac iCloud sync frozen at 99%

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.