Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Baseus USB-C Multi-function Hub Stops Working after Software Update to macOS 12.5

Hello Apple community,

I am using a MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2020, Four Thunderbolt 3 ports, Intel CPU, 2.0 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5, 16 GB 3733 MHz LPDDR4X, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 1536 MB).

I use an external display and connect a 27-inch Dell U2720Q to my Macbook Pro via the left-side Thunderbolt port with Power Delivery from the monitor.

I also connect the following devices to a Baseus USB-C 6-in-1 Multifunction Adapter Model: UCN3275, which connects to my Macbook Pro Thunderbolt port:

• 1x USB Apple keyboard
  • 1x USB Logitech video camera
  • 1x USB Samsung wireless charger
  • 1x Cat6 Ethernet cable

This setup has worked for me for the past 2+ years beautifully, and I could connect to ANY LCD projectors, TVs and old VGA projectors.

6 weeks ago, I use macOS Software Update to update my macOS to Monterey 12.5 and now, the HDMI port on my Baseus USB-C Multifunction Adapter cannot output HDMI signal to any external TV, or LCD projectors.

I have tested many HDMI cables including an eGear 3D High Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet but could never get any HDMI signal from my Macbook Pro via the Baseus USB-C Multifunction Adapter.

What else could I do before I call Apple Support and make use of my Apple Care+ subscription?

With gratitude,

Moonshi

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Aug 14, 2022 7:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2022 7:42 AM

mmoonshi wrote:

• Hello Apple community,

I am using a MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2020, Four Thunderbolt 3 ports, Intel CPU, 2.0 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5, 16 GB 3733 MHz LPDDR4X, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 1536 MB).

I use an external display and connect a 27-inch Dell U2720Q to my Macbook Pro via the left-side Thunderbolt port with Power Delivery from the monitor.

I also connect the following devices to a Baseus USB-C 6-in-1 Multifunction Adapter Model: UCN3275, which connects
This setup has worked for me for the past 2+ years beautifully, and I could connect to ANY LCD projectors, TVs and old VGA projectors.

6 weeks ago, I use macOS Software Update to update my macOS to Monterey 12.5 and now, the HDMI port on my Baseus USB-C Multifunction Adapter cannot output HDMI signal to any external TV, or LCD projectors.

For your third party dock/hub/adapter —

If in doubt refer to the developers website; Support/Help/FAQ/known issues/compatibility/updates:

Contact a third party vendor

Contact a third-party vendor - Apple Support

https://us.baseus.com/support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 14, 2022 7:42 AM in response to mmoonshi

mmoonshi wrote:

• Hello Apple community,

I also connect the following devices to a Baseus USB-C 6-in-1 Multifunction Adapter Model: UCN3275, which connects

For your third party dock/hub/adapter —

If in doubt refer to the developers website; Support/Help/FAQ/known issues/compatibility/updates:

Contact a third party vendor

Contact a third-party vendor - Apple Support

https://us.baseus.com/support

Baseus USB-C Multi-function Hub Stops Working after Software Update to macOS 12.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.