Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issue with entering a new contact in Contacts with iOS Big Sur

I don’t seem to be able to reply to questions raised following my post on this topic last week.

My point is, that Apple appears to have known about an issue related to an inability for users to add a new Contact - enter the first name, but when the user tries to enter the next field, the page closes down. This was first raised on this discussion site over a year ago and it still hasn’t been resolved.

There is a work around, but that doesn’t absolve Apple of the responsibility to fix the problem.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Aug 21, 2022 4:32 AM

Similar questions

15 replies

Aug 21, 2022 6:42 AM in response to beth and bill

beth and bill wrote:

Thank you. I will try the direct approach, but if they haven't fixed the issue after a year, one has to wonder!

Welcome

Q - " but if they haven't fixed the issue after a year, one has to wonder! "

A - Whom is the they ?

A - Is the Contacts application associated to iCloud ?

A - Is the Contacts application associated to Google ?

A - Have been using Contacts associated to iCloud since about OS X Sierra version 10.12 and every newer version of macOS up to and including Monterey macOS 12 and have never had issues

A - If associated with Google as the source. That changes things dramatically

Aug 21, 2022 4:07 PM in response to PRP_53

Thanks for getting back to me. some responses:

They - Apple - because I have assumed that "Contacts". is an Apple app - they supply it in the suite.

iCloud - Yes

Google - I wouldn't have thought so, but if I search the app for "All Google" it returns 13 contacts. If I search "All iCloud" those same contacts also appear in the list. They are contacts I have imported, I think. Most of the 13 have been on my system long before this issue appeared, so I wonder what has changed.

Associated with iCloud - I too have been using it at least as long as you.

"Changes things dramatically" - can you expand on that? Is there anything I can do in that regard?

I don't have such a problem with contacts on my iPhone, or iPad.

Once again, thank you for your responses.

Issue with entering a new contact in Contacts with iOS Big Sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.