Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture version 3.4.5

Help! :after many Years Aperture several months ago decided not to open anymore, on my 2009 Mac Book Pro 15" running OSX 10.6.8. I purchased this New in late 2009, Aperture been miss behaving now for several Years ,when there's been issues I have just gone to repair Permissions and it seemed to work, the last time I did this was on the 17th of April 2022 ,then I decided to print the report which was 22 pages, it stated there had been 41 crashes since last report phew! I notice on the report Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV) and EXCEPTION CODES: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000000 plus Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue:com.apple.main-thread,this may mean something to someone not me.

Firstly I am not a Tech so I am in need of help so I can recover my images if possible? is there a way to access aperture Library to recover my images which I will transfer via a USB stick to another Computer?I have tried to open Aperture on several occasions and it quits unexpectedly,I tired going through iPhoto and was only able to access several images at a time, tried again recently and iPhoto is also playing up now any help or assistance would be kindly appreciated if possible?

Thank You Kindly for Your Time

MacBook Pro

Posted on Sep 19, 2022 7:05 AM

Similar questions

8 replies

Sep 19, 2022 8:26 AM in response to Tazzan5

Aperture 3.4.5 or later had a big problem with the Places feature. This version of Aperture still used the old Google Maps, that are no longer available, and once the location feature has been enabled, Aperture used to crash und could only be used with the Wi-Fi disabled (Patching Aperture 3.4.5 to make Places wo… - Apple Community)

Try, if you can launch Aperture again, if you keep the internet connection turned off, then make sure, you turn off the everything related to Places.

Sometimes Aperture is hanging or crashing, if it is trying to render a preview of newly imported photos.

Have you already tried to hold down the Shift key while launching Aperture? Holding down "Shift" ⇧ while launching will defer the creation of previews. This will help, if background processes, trying to render previews for recently imported photos are hanging, because one of the photos in your library is corrupted and cannot be processes. If Photos is running more reliably with the creation of previews deferred, you will know , that you have to find a corrupted image file.

Sep 26, 2022 4:17 PM in response to léonie

Hi Leonie,

Thank You kindly for Your reply.

I am aware Aperture is not supported by Apple anymore or available , the MacBook pro has not been connected to the internet for many years and the Wi-Fi is turn off have no use for it. My main concern is to recover all my images in Aperture if possible ,tried the hold down option key while launching Aperture and this window opened, when I click on Aperture at top of screen the Preference is not highlighted and is not active, once again Aperture fails to launch, tried to create a new library and not sure of the procedures to follow.

Thank You Kindly for Your Time

Sep 26, 2022 3:14 AM in response to léonie

Hello Leonie,

Firstly will add some refreshed information from my minds archives.

The mac Book Pro has not been connect to the internet for many Years.

The last time I used Aperture was on the 17-04-2022,I printed a few images and all seemed to be operating ok, finished up and turn the system off, later that day in the late evening decided to do some more printing ,when I tried to open Aperture it failed and have not been able to open ever since that day, have tried the hold down "shift" suggestion and the same thing occurs, open up iPhoto again to see if anything has changed, it appears for some reason all iPhoto images except about 20 images do not show, entered Aperture through iPhoto and able to view about 50-60% of the images cannot see the rest of Aperture images in Library.

I get nervous when I try do anything that I am not familiar or understand in the system, the technical aspect is not my forte ,my creative impulse is and I can explore that unlimited space without doubt, the worst thing about computers it is not a Human Brain and when something does go wrong there is no direction at least my Brain has direction and can explore alternatives, I have no idea with computers.

Thank You

Sep 26, 2022 7:34 AM in response to Tazzan5

The problem is, that Apple has removed Aperture from the Appstore, and even with a newer system version you will not be able to update Aperture any longer. Aperture 3.4.5 can no longer launch at all, if the Mac is connected to the internet, as Aperture will try to reach the Google map servers, that no longer are accessible for Aperture.

Disable the Wi-Fi. Then you could try to launch Aperture on a new, empty library to be able to modify the Preferences and to disable the Maps feature. To switch to an empty library hold down the options key ⌥ while launching Aperture . If you can get it to launch, try to find the Preferences Setting in Aperture to show photos on a Map. Sorry, I do not remember where this Preference is located.

Aperture version 3.4.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.