Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods charging case issue

AirPods lose battery while being inside of case and connect while being Inside of case. why is this happening and how can I prevent my AirPods from losing charge while being inside of the case.

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 4, 2022 10:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2022 5:00 AM

faustino241 Said:

"AirPods charging case issue: AirPods lose battery while being inside of case and connect while being Inside of case. why is this happening and how can I prevent my AirPods from losing charge while being inside of the case."

-------

Troubleshooting AirPods Power Draining:

A. Start with a Reset:

Rather than factory resetting these, try just resetting these...

Go Here: Reset your AirPods - Apple Support

B. A Few Links to Visit:

C. Try the Following Tasks:

• Hold Down the Button on the case for about 15 seconds.

• Use an Apple Brand Cable - not a third party one - cool though it may look, a fabric, third-part cable would likely tear - (Apple cable's are plastic and are intended for Apple)

• Remove the AirPod from the Case, then place it back in the charger. Perhaps it need to resync with he charger.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2022 5:00 AM in response to faustino241

faustino241 Said:

"AirPods charging case issue: AirPods lose battery while being inside of case and connect while being Inside of case. why is this happening and how can I prevent my AirPods from losing charge while being inside of the case."

-------

Troubleshooting AirPods Power Draining:

A. Start with a Reset:

Rather than factory resetting these, try just resetting these...

Go Here: Reset your AirPods - Apple Support

B. A Few Links to Visit:

C. Try the Following Tasks:

• Hold Down the Button on the case for about 15 seconds.

• Use an Apple Brand Cable - not a third party one - cool though it may look, a fabric, third-part cable would likely tear - (Apple cable's are plastic and are intended for Apple)

• Remove the AirPod from the Case, then place it back in the charger. Perhaps it need to resync with he charger.

AirPods charging case issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.