You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AMD Radeon R9 M370X Graphic Card stopped working after update to macOS Monterey on MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015). How can I fix this?

Hi,

Kindly help. I updated my mac os from Mojave to Monterey, and the AMD Radeon R9 M370X Graphic card stopped working, but i can see the Graphic card information in the System Information. How can I fix this please?

Attached are two screenshots to buttress my complaint below:

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Jan 22, 2023 2:01 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2023 6:46 AM

If Apple provides a macOS 12.6.3 update in the coming week, apply that and see if the issue is resolved. No one participating in these communities can fix the Monterey driver issue with your 2015 MacBook Pro, but you might try sending feedback to the macOS Product team about this issue.

Did you attempt to install newer AMD R9 GPU drivers from a non-Apple source prior to this issue developing? If you are using any third-party display switching software, that too may be incompatible and a source of the problem.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 22, 2023 6:46 AM in response to Monterey_Mid_2015_MBP

If Apple provides a macOS 12.6.3 update in the coming week, apply that and see if the issue is resolved. No one participating in these communities can fix the Monterey driver issue with your 2015 MacBook Pro, but you might try sending feedback to the macOS Product team about this issue.

Did you attempt to install newer AMD R9 GPU drivers from a non-Apple source prior to this issue developing? If you are using any third-party display switching software, that too may be incompatible and a source of the problem.

Jan 22, 2023 6:47 AM in response to Monterey_Mid_2015_MBP

Please see this earlier discussion , on similar issue.

Here is the driver download webpage for this Graphics Card on AMD website:

( macOS driver is not there , as of Jan22, 2023 ).

Did you do this to change screen resolution ?

apple top-side menu bar > About this Mac > Displays > Displays Preferences > HOLD ONTO THE [OPTION] / [ALT] KEYBOARD KEY / BUTTON, AND THEN WITH MOUSE/PAD PRESS/TAP/CLICK ON THE SELECTION LINE/WORD "SCALED" > then

click on "SHOW ALL RESOLUTIONS" option > then

that should show all available resolutions > you can select a better/higher resolution , go one by one to higher res.

From your Mac computer's tech spec webpage, find out what what "Display" (Monitor) it uses , then find out what COLOR PROFILE it uses or needs,

then set that inside the "DISPLAYS" settings.

ALTERNATIVE OPTIONS:

Use an external graphics processor with your Mac - Apple Support

your Mac > Thunderbolt cables > eGPU device > external Monitor.

your Mac > USB4 (v1 or v2) cables > USBv4 based external GPU device > external Monitor.

More info:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphics_processing_unit

AMD Radeon R9 M370X Graphic Card stopped working after update to macOS Monterey on MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015). How can I fix this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.