Apple TV+ So Difficult To Watch On My Samsung TV

Hi. I can’t seem to watch the Apple TV app on my Samsung smart Tv. It constantly freezes and then goes to a “Video Unavailable” screen.

This isn’t a problem with the internet or Tv, I have no problem watching other apps like Netflix on it.

I can’t seem to be able to delete and reinstall the app, but I’ve tried to reset it with no luck.

I saw this was a question posted earlier in this community but couldn't find any answers that helped.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Posted on Apr 21, 2023 5:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2023 3:57 PM

Same here. This has been going on over a week now, as well. The Apple TV+ app on my iPhone plays perfectly. Every other app on my Samsung smart TV plays perfectly. But Apple TV+ will not play on my Samsung smart TV for some reason. Has anyone found a fix for this?

23 replies

Oct 17, 2023 6:14 PM in response to marg272

This is what Samsung Support suggests:

What to do if an app is not working on your Samsung TV - Samsung Support

1. Cold reboot the TV,
  2. Update the TV system software, if available,
  3. Delete and reinstall the misbehaving app (if deletion is supported for this app),
  4. Reset the ‘Smart Hub’ (I think like a factory reset for the apps part of the TV).

If you need further assistance after that, please continue with Apple Support.

Apr 21, 2023 7:51 AM in response to mary-leigh

Something is causing the app to be unable to contact the remote servers.

See if this document has clues that apply to your situation: If you can't watch or stream movies and TV shows in the Apple TV app - Apple Support

“Video Unavailable” may mean no valid reaction from the remote server.

1. Verify that your router doesn’t block Apple’s servers (or its CDN) through a firewall setting.
  2. Verify that your router doesn’t block ports that Apple services like to use.
  3. Verify that you use a good DNS on your router, like the one from your ISP, which gets updated with all server names that Apple might use.
  4. Verify that your smart TV has the correct date and time and timezone, as Apple may be more strict about that (TLS) than other content providers.

Else

1. Check for smart TV “Tizen OS” software updates.
  2. Check for Apple TV app updates, if not set to do so automatically.
  3. Try resetting the Apple TV app.
  4. Try restarting the TV. Not just standby, but really off for a moment.

Sep 24, 2023 1:10 PM in response to andrespace

The same thing is happening to me. I bought my Samsung Tizen this year and haven’t been able to successfully watch more than 45 seconds of Apple TV content before “video unavailable.” My internets fine. Also, Apple TV app has been working perfectly fine on my parents’ Samsung Curve TV for years so maybe it’s the model of the TV that’s causing the problem

Nov 8, 2023 4:24 PM in response to forrest bfromvenice

My fix prior to using a hammer on the apple box :) was simply moving it to another TV, I plugged it into a LG TV and it paired perfectly as remote and all apps worked fine. I've had issues with it the Samsung tv and apple box since I got it. I would unplug apple box and it'd work properly for a while last week it quite pairing with tv, NAD receiver and soundbar. Before I had a complete meltdown just swiped with a Roku 4k I had in bedroom and all is right in the world. Im a completely Apple, home, phone, watch, Mac love them all not a computer genius but love the safety and security of Apple products. The Apple TV 4K 3rd generation etc. is my option the least intuitive device from set up to daily operations I've ever had. It will be safe(from the hammer)as a device for bedroom TV.

May 5, 2023 3:00 AM in response to jocelan208

The Apple ID account security questions, would be questions and answers that the account creator has chosen.

Please use your own personal Apple ID account.

You wouldn’t need those security questions if you have two-factor authentication (a much better system; more secure and more user-friendly).

Change your Apple ID security questions - Apple Support

If you forgot the answers to your Apple ID security questions - Apple Support

You can’t reset the questions without some sort of proof of who you are. Else anyone could take over your account, and no-one wants that.

Apple TV+ So Difficult To Watch On My Samsung TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.