Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Home sync error when connecting to Philips Hue Hub

After months of working fine, I am no longer able to control Phillips Hue lights with HomeKit. HomeKit accessories from other manufacturers are working fine.

• All the Apple and Hue software and firmware is up-to-date.
  • I have restarted all the Home Hubs, the Hue Hub and my router.
  • I have removed Hue accessories from Apple Home and unsynced Hue from Apple Home using the Hue app.
  • I am unable to add Hue to Apple Home; instead I get a "Apple Home sync error" message.

All the Hue accessories are working fine in the Hue app.

It is frustrating knowing what is causing this issue. Any suggestions gratefully received.

Posted on May 7, 2023 8:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2023 9:34 AM

I have this problem with the hue bridge update 1958159030. Everything was working fine until IOS 17 update was installed. I removed the hue bridge from Apple home because all the lights were not responding, thinking I would re-add it. Now I’m unable to add it from either Apple home app or the hue app. Everything is at the latest update.

We have a lot of hue lights. The only functionality we’ve lost is we’re not able to use Siri to control our hue lights.

Similar questions

84 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 21, 2023 9:34 AM in response to philipshue_devsupport

I have this problem with the hue bridge update 1958159030. Everything was working fine until IOS 17 update was installed. I removed the hue bridge from Apple home because all the lights were not responding, thinking I would re-add it. Now I’m unable to add it from either Apple home app or the hue app. Everything is at the latest update.

We have a lot of hue lights. The only functionality we’ve lost is we’re not able to use Siri to control our hue lights.

Nov 28, 2023 2:27 PM in response to philipshue_devsupport

I have purchased a new Bridge at a cost of £45. Removed my old bridge, deleted everything & started again. This was made even harder by the bridge not finding the lights, unless I removed everyone & entered the serial number.

You're not exactly a small company, selling chinese rip offs of hardware. The cost of this product & the marketing on it, is ridiculous compared to the level of support given.

May 23, 2023 12:04 AM in response to MartyB-C

Same exact issue here. I fixed it by throwing away all Philips Hue bulbs and bridge and replaced with Lutron. Works GREAT! What's Philips' official stance regarding the ongoing commitment to manufacturing and supporting Hue? Last I read, the official statement had statements like "due to the supply chain" and I recall "indefinite" thrown into the statement too. Will Philips be officially announcing end of life for everything IoT? Or is it just the Hue lights and Bridge?

May 8, 2023 3:28 AM in response to Vancouver22

I appreciate you trying to help. The software.firmware for Apple, Hue and the bulbs are all up-to-date. The rooms all have the same names.

The system was working fine for months until is stopped working this week; no changes had been made although it is possible a software update broke things.

I have tried a second iPhone and the issue is the same.

Nov 19, 2023 9:09 PM in response to philipshue_devsupport

What does that mean to create an isolated network?

2002 unable to connect, but I don’t understand how it could suddenly be a network issue that causes a sudden drop in the connection and being unable to reconnect if there were no changes in the network.

my issue is the 2002 error so hopefully you push out that fix very soon. Thank you for letting us know.

Apple Home sync error when connecting to Philips Hue Hub

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.