You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t access “Up Next on Apple TV+

I have an Apple TV subscription. When I make a selection from”up next on Apple TV” I get a prompt that says”rent, buy or subscribe….I already subscribe. What can do I to use my subscription

FireTVStick4K(2018)/Soundbar(2019),

Posted on May 21, 2023 3:26 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 21, 2023 3:53 PM

For your subscription to be recognized by the app, make sure to sign in to the Apple TV app, through the in-app Settings (sprockets wheel icon), with the Apple ID account to which the subscription is linked.

With the Apple TV app on your smart TV or third party streaming device, you can access:

The Apple TV+ subscription is for Apple TV+ content (Apple Originals) only. The other content in the app will have to be paid for separately. Adding content to Up Next doesn’t give you access to that content, when not part of the subscription. Up Next is just a queue list, and accepts items that you haven’t purchased yet.

a prompt that says “rent, buy or subscribe …”

Unfortunately, at this time, the Apple TV app on Fire TV doesn’t support in-app financial transactions. You will have to do any buying, renting, or subscribing on a different supported device (e.g. iPhone). Once purchased, then the content will be accessible in the Apple TV app on Fire TV as well [footnote-2], through the use of the matching account.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 21, 2023 3:53 PM in response to Shrimp10

For your subscription to be recognized by the app, make sure to sign in to the Apple TV app, through the in-app Settings (sprockets wheel icon), with the Apple ID account to which the subscription is linked.

With the Apple TV app on your smart TV or third party streaming device, you can access:

The Apple TV+ subscription is for Apple TV+ content (Apple Originals) only. The other content in the app will have to be paid for separately. Adding content to Up Next doesn’t give you access to that content, when not part of the subscription. Up Next is just a queue list, and accepts items that you haven’t purchased yet.

a prompt that says “rent, buy or subscribe …”

Unfortunately, at this time, the Apple TV app on Fire TV doesn’t support in-app financial transactions. You will have to do any buying, renting, or subscribing on a different supported device (e.g. iPhone). Once purchased, then the content will be accessible in the Apple TV app on Fire TV as well [footnote-2], through the use of the matching account.

May 19, 2024 8:25 PM in response to Shrimp10

I've had this issue several times, you just have to delete your browsing data on your pc or browser data including on device site data on Android and on Apple the cache and data stored from the app.

It's absolutely ridiculous that anyone should have to do that in our current climate of copious streaming services but there you have it.

Posting this answer because Apple support did not help at all and if there had been an answer posted when I originally searched the problem it wouldve saved me a lot of time!

Can’t access “Up Next on Apple TV+

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.