Missing apps in Location Services

As the title says. I have a M2 Mac mini that I've had for about 3 months now. Nothing to crazy, internet, discord, coding. Accidentally said no to giving an app I just installed my location so I went to location services and realized no apps were listed besides System services.

There should be plenty of apps besides system services using my location. I have tried quite a few things to fix this already: restarted (multiple times), created another user account, safe boot, updating to 13.5, reinstalled Mac OS Ventura through recovery. None of those things worked. Of course I tried searching every where for something similar and couldn't find anything.

Let me know if you need any more information. I am not quite sure what to do next here.

Posted on Jul 25, 2023 4:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2023 4:14 AM

From another User reporting a similar question.

link below and yes I participated in that question

Location Privacy is broken after installi… - Apple Community

14 replies

Jul 26, 2023 9:35 PM in response to miloman101

Hello,

From what I can tell it's a bug which was partially caused by a security patch for Apple Mobile File Integrity. We reported it to Apple and a fix is actually in preparation.

Please bear in mind that we don't have a clever proof concerning the real cause of the problem.

Once Apple finally finds and identifies the culprit it's strongly advised to install the latest cumulative update (likely macOS 13.5.1) which contains the fix addressing the issue.

Missing apps in Location Services

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.