iPhone 13 Pro Max White Screen

We bought iphone 13 pro max on last year june. Today i.e. aug 13 we faced a major issue. The screen completely went white . We took the phone to the service center. They confirmed its display issue. We followed the threads in iphone 13 and found its very common and happening for a lot of people post upgrade. The customer care here asked for around 35k. The issue is bot caused by any hardware or software damage. None of these was damager by user i.e. us. Then why we have to pay such a lum sum amount for it. Need assistance on this. As a lot if important data is stored in that phone.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone XS, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 13, 2023 7:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2023 1:58 AM

Dear members,

Apple should stop producing this kind of faulty units. I lost the trust in them and their customer support and resolution of the issue is horrible. We should file a consumer case against the White Screen issue on iPhone 13 Max Pro. They have to run a program to recall the phones immediately.

Similar questions

66 replies

Sep 13, 2023 4:56 PM in response to sashwati

Same issue. The saddest part is why the customer should shoulder the cost of fixing the unit when they are not at fault. Most of the articles I've read in the internet points to faulty software updates as the culprit for the white screen of death. It was disappointing because as a customer, we rely on the updates provided by Apple and expect that they were thoroughly tested and has undergone security and quality checks before public release.

I've tried reaching out to one of their service centers and was told that since my warranty has expired I have to pay for the repair. The cost is more than 1/3 of the original price. Such a huge disappointment.

Dec 12, 2023 11:27 AM in response to gurmeetsing

After rigorous follow up, Apple replaced my screen free of cost(gave me one time exception) . Most of the brands are facing such issues with OLED screens. One plus have gone on to the extent of giving lifetime warranty on their screens provided their is no physical damage . I personally feel Apple should do the same for people to maintain faith in their phones. Frankly my faith is a little bit shaken. I always felt apple has the best quality . Hope this is just a temporary thing and apple keeps their customer's confidence in them high

Oct 29, 2023 6:30 AM in response to sashwati

Same thing happened with me on 18 September 2023 it's been more than one month that I am not being able to use my phone as I am a working person all my data is stored in the phone ,it's been very difficult for me to access my data as I tried everything even rebooting or restarting doesn't work .

Went to apple store they charged me 1100 for diagnostic check and 35 thousand rupees for new screen although the phone is in new condition with no hardware damage .

Didn't not expected from a such a reputed company from now on I will no longer use apple worth totally not worth it.Also tweeted on Twitter but did not got a helpful response .

Oct 12, 2023 5:37 AM in response to sashwati

Apple has fixed the white screen of death issue in my iPhone 13 pro max at free of cost if it's identified as manufacturing defect and if there are no damages done by the user. My product is out of warranty and this issue has been fixed by screen replacement. Thank you Apple for your support in this. I would recommend everyone who faces this white screen issue to reach out to Apple authorized service center. Big thanks to Authorized service center in Coimbatore Rs puram DB road branch for helping in this process.

Aug 13, 2023 9:18 AM in response to sashwati

You may try some of these steps, please check after each step...

1. Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve temporary software glitches. Turn off your iPhone, wait for a few seconds, and then turn it back on.
    1. Restart the device. That's it.
    2. Still not solved --> Force restart iPhone - Apple Support
  2. Follow the Apple article to resolve the issue --> If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen ...
  3. You can put your iOS device in recovery mode, then restore it using your computer. ---> If you can't update or restore your iPhone or iPod touch - Apple Support (IN)

If none of the above steps resolve the issue, it is recommended to reach out to Apple Support or visit an authorized service center for further assistance. They can provide specific guidance based on your device model and iOS version.

Oct 12, 2023 6:10 AM in response to venkatChowdhury

Hi all,

I am able to convince the customer support team to waive off the repair cost.

Now I have received my phone with new screen and I need not to pay a single penny.

Please get in touch with regional customer care team and tell them that the issue started after upgrading the IOS version.

The support guy is very helpful and he assured me to give my phone back and it works.

Apr 8, 2024 8:54 AM in response to sashwati

iphone 13 pro max now that it’s paid off the screen goes white. The screen completely went white . I took the phone to the service center. They confirmed its display issue. We followed the threads in iphone 13 and found its very common and happening for a lot of people post upgrade. The customer care here asked for around $350 The issue caused by any hardware or software damage. I’ve lost a lot of important data I’ll get an android before give them another dime. I’ve spent to much money buying new apple phones every year like they doing me a favor someone needs to file class action or something

iPhone 13 Pro Max White Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.