Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Apple TV App Problems on Firestick: Video Not Available message

Video will play about 30 seconds and then a message pops up: "Video Not Available. There's a problem loading this video. If this continues, check your internet connection." I have updated the firestick, confirmed the Apple TV app is up to date, cleared the cache, restarted the firestick, rebooted my wifi router, uninstalled and reinstalled the Apple TV app, yet the problem persists. No problem using other apps on the firestick.

FireTVStick(Gen2),

Posted on Sep 12, 2023 7:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2023 10:14 AM

I just got off the phone with a second tier Apple advisor. They gave me a fix for this firestick problem. Go into Firestick settings, click on display & sounds, click on HDMI CEC Device Control, toggle it to "off" That solves the problem - the apple tv+ app no longer stops playing. The advisor told me this is a temporary fix until they get the problem solved. So far nothing else seems to be disrupted by turning this off. Netflix, Hulu, Prime, Max, SHO are all working as is Apple TV+

Similar questions

176 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 16, 2023 10:14 AM in response to JSigrest

I just got off the phone with a second tier Apple advisor. They gave me a fix for this firestick problem. Go into Firestick settings, click on display & sounds, click on HDMI CEC Device Control, toggle it to "off" That solves the problem - the apple tv+ app no longer stops playing. The advisor told me this is a temporary fix until they get the problem solved. So far nothing else seems to be disrupted by turning this off. Netflix, Hulu, Prime, Max, SHO are all working as is Apple TV+

Sep 13, 2023 7:06 PM in response to JSigrest

Hoping my reply to my original message will reach all who have replied. I just got off the phone with Apple support after a lengthy troubleshooting process. They seem to be taking it seriously and have now escalated the issue up to the engineers. I have a follow-up call scheduled in a couple of days. Hopefully it will be resolved by then. I'll add updates if I learn more prior to then.

Sep 13, 2023 6:21 PM in response to JSigrest

I am also having that problem. I have unplugged the fire stick & modem, forgot and reconnected the internet, cleared data/cache, deleted and reinstalled the app, reset the Apple TV app within Apple TV, did video troubleshooting within Apple TV (it says I have no problem), and checked to make sure my fire stick and app are up to date. They are…. This has been an issue for 24 hours too :(

Sep 14, 2023 12:30 PM in response to JSigrest

I have also tried everything you mentioned with no luck. I have another fire stick located in the same room as my modem and AppleTV works fine on that TV. My big smart TV is located across the house and that is where my issue exists. However, regarding connectivity, I stream Prime, MAX, Paramount+, Netflix, Hulu, Disney ALL WITHOUT ISSUE on that TV. Apple is the big problem! I hope support comes up with a work around for our problem!

Sep 14, 2023 1:24 PM in response to manimacs

The initial guy escalated me to a senior support person named Laurie, who was great. After over an hour she read through various reports entered by the engineers and added my input. I may need to send send them a video of my TV of what happens from start to finish of logging on to Apple TV+ >> Playing a video>> error message.

I'm to call back in a day or two with my case number to get an update and see if they want the video. She was very thorough. She also helped me with a non related issue I was having with my iPhone. :)

I will update when I talk to them again. I have to agree with @happypr about it being an Amazon issue. Maybe I'll post on their firestick forums if that even exists.

Sep 14, 2023 2:58 PM in response to manimacs

Same here. I was escalated to a senior support person who was great. I was asked to send in a video of the issue happening and did so. The support person took very thorough notes for the escalation to the engineers. I have a follow-up call scheduled on Saturday with her, but hopefully it will be dealt with by then. I agree it is probably an Amazon issue. I spent over an hour on a support chat with Amazon about it and finally gave up. That's when I reached out to Apple and feel at least like they seem to be trying to do something about it.

Sep 15, 2023 7:25 AM in response to JSigrest

Here's what they told me

"Ok! So for now we are to advise you that the engineers are working on a fix for this and are completely aware of the problem. For now just keep the firmware on your fire stick updated and your app as well because when the fix comes out it will be in the form of an update. At this time there is not an ETA on the update but you can keep checking with us for one if you would like to."

Sep 15, 2023 8:15 AM in response to Lemonwagon

I just talked to a rep for my follow up call and she told me to call Amazon because Apple TV is not aware of any issue. I just wish they could get on one accord with messaging. I contacted Amazon and they told me they are aware of the issue and have contacted Apple, he told me to check back in a couple of days. I have scheduled another follow up call with Apple.

Apple TV App Problems on Firestick: Video Not Available message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.