Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Swipe-up no longer shows the same features/functions on Apple Watch after the update

I just updated my Apple Watch 10 to watchOS 10.0.1 The swiping motions on the watch now bring different 'option' panels. "Swipe-up" no longer shows the same functions (battery %, vibrate phone, theater mode, etc). Where can I learn how to control my watch with OS 10?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Sep 23, 2023 1:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2023 10:19 AM

Hi, I frequently and I mean frequently swiped up on my Apple Watch to see the battery percentage, to ping my phone, turn sounds on and off, etc. Now I have to change those settings by pressing the side button 😞 Is there anyway I can change back to a swipe up to see those settings? I have also turned my automatic updates off, so this will not happen again. I believe this happened when my Apple Watch updated to the new operating system.

252 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 29, 2023 10:19 AM in response to MikeBikeKeys62

Hi, I frequently and I mean frequently swiped up on my Apple Watch to see the battery percentage, to ping my phone, turn sounds on and off, etc. Now I have to change those settings by pressing the side button 😞 Is there anyway I can change back to a swipe up to see those settings? I have also turned my automatic updates off, so this will not happen again. I believe this happened when my Apple Watch updated to the new operating system.

Nov 29, 2023 6:51 PM in response to Cobggirl

Cobggirl wrote:

Absolutely agree! I won't update anymore either. Its so annoying not to have the swipe function. Last update on the phone was awful too.

I don't know why Apple can't just update technology and LEAVE Formatting and Layout alone!!

Tap the flat oval side button

https://support.apple.com/guide/watch/control-center-apd06bc15da1/watchos

You can send Apple your feedback via

https://www.apple.com/feedback/watch

The more users send feedback, the more likely it will be seen by a decision maker.

Dec 17, 2023 4:30 PM in response to Sharestuff55

Sharestuff55 wrote:

PLEASE BRING BACK SWIPE UP CONTROL OPTION.TO FIND PHONE AND OTHER GREAT QUICK MODES.

...... STOPPED AFTER UNWANTED UPDATE. I USED IT ALL THE TIME.

NOW THERES ANOTHER STEP TO GET THERE. T
HE NEW SWIPE UP SCREEN IS USELESS.

PLUS I SEE NEW PHONE IF I BUY HAS ANOTHER NEW CHARGING CORD..REALLY.
HOW MANY NEW CORD DO WE HAVE TO BUY.

All caps is shouting. Shouting at your fellow users accomplishes nothing. This is a user-to-user technical support forum. We are powerless to change anything.

But you can tell Apple what you would like to see in future watchOS versions

Feedback - Watch - Apple

The more users that send feedback, the more likely it will reach a decision maker.

Dec 8, 2023 9:50 AM in response to marguerite225

marguerite225 wrote:

Not only do you press that side bar/button to get the old swipe options, but if you hold it too long, you get emergency services, AND if you press it quickly twice you finally get your wallet. Don’t like these changes!

The flat oval side button has had 3 functions for years.

I have been using the double tap for Apple Pay for at least 5 years.

And long press to power cycle my Apple Watch every so often.

The single tap was favorites, but has just been repurposed to Control Center.

As Idris suggests, send Apple feedback, so your vote for change will be counted.

Swipe-up no longer shows the same features/functions on Apple Watch after the update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.