You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple not respecting warranty

I wonder if anyone had a similar issue. We bought an ipad 2 months ago for my work. I hardly used it maybe 10 hours total. It suddenly stopped charging and turning on. Apple is saying we need to pay over £600 as there is a hardware issue. How a brand new ipad that has never been dropped or even has a single scratch have a hardware issue? We have called and they say a technician has made this decision. What’s the proof?? They don’t have it. Any advice? I am very annoyed with apple!

Posted on Sep 28, 2023 4:38 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2023 6:23 AM

While your description would suggest otherwise, Apple would only normally withhold service if this issue was diagnosed to be due to damage or misuse.

If purchased within the UK, you will have benefit of at least a one-year manufacturers warranty - although consumer law provides for up to six years for manufacturing defects. That said, the onus is upon the consumer to prove that the defected existed at the time of purchase.

Don't forget, your warranty is initially with the retailer from which the item was purchased; Apple offer an additional manufacturer's warranty in addition to your statutory warranty rights with the retailer.

You also have additional protection if you purchased using a Credit Card (always advisable for high-value purchases) as your contract is with the Credit Card issuer. If you purchased using a Credit Card - and are unable to obtain satisfactory resolution with your retailer (Apple if purchased directly), contact your Credit Card issuer.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 28, 2023 6:23 AM in response to Mimindreca

While your description would suggest otherwise, Apple would only normally withhold service if this issue was diagnosed to be due to damage or misuse.

If purchased within the UK, you will have benefit of at least a one-year manufacturers warranty - although consumer law provides for up to six years for manufacturing defects. That said, the onus is upon the consumer to prove that the defected existed at the time of purchase.

Don't forget, your warranty is initially with the retailer from which the item was purchased; Apple offer an additional manufacturer's warranty in addition to your statutory warranty rights with the retailer.

You also have additional protection if you purchased using a Credit Card (always advisable for high-value purchases) as your contract is with the Credit Card issuer. If you purchased using a Credit Card - and are unable to obtain satisfactory resolution with your retailer (Apple if purchased directly), contact your Credit Card issuer.

Apple not respecting warranty

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.