Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Backspace Not Working - iCloud Web

Backspace key doesn't seem to work while editing events in the calendar. Using Mozilla Firefox 117.0.1. All other keys seem to be working fine.

Posted on Oct 4, 2023 7:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2023 12:47 AM

Hello Lager1,

thank you for the reply, however this is an issue on Apple's side. Old iCloud calendar didn't have this issue. Issue occurs on multiple version of Firefox and doesn't manifest on any other site, ergo, issue is with Apple. Please provide a fix. I'm a paying iCloud customer and this is incredibly annoying.

Regards.

26 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 10, 2023 12:47 AM in response to Lager1

Hello Lager1,

thank you for the reply, however this is an issue on Apple's side. Old iCloud calendar didn't have this issue. Issue occurs on multiple version of Firefox and doesn't manifest on any other site, ergo, issue is with Apple. Please provide a fix. I'm a paying iCloud customer and this is incredibly annoying.

Regards.

Oct 15, 2023 8:07 PM in response to Lager1

Thanks for Chiming in Lager1.

This has to be one of the worst customer support responses I've ever seen. You basically told us to go eff ourselves. Do actually you think Mozilla would even entertain trying to fix the issue on there end? The problem started happening when Apple updated the web based calendar app, making it Apples responsibility to resolve. The issue is not minor and should be an easy fix. Please fix this, I pay for iCloud and expect nothing less then a perfectly polished experience from Apple. If I wanted Jankey ****, I would go to google.

Cheers

Nov 22, 2023 9:14 AM in response to init00

The exact same thing is happening to me. I use iCloud calendar on a Windows laptop in Firefox, and the backspace was working perfectly fine until the update roughly 2 months ago. It is extremely frustrating that Apple is passing off this issue to Firefox... It isn't Firefox's problem. Also, for me, when creating a new event, pressing enter no longer works to create the event. It just deletes the event. I have to manually click on 'Add'. This is another thing that changed with the new iCloud update. I use my calendar on a daily basis, and asking that Apple fixes these problems so that their program actually works efficiently shouldn't be that much to ask for.

Dec 14, 2023 2:07 PM in response to init00

Backspace worked fine with iCloud/Firefox until the iCloud for Windows upgrade. After the iCloud upgrade the backspace key stopped working. It seems fairly obvious that the upgrade to iCloud caused the problem.

But regardless of whose fault it is or who caused it, it would really be nice if Apple acted like an adult and addressed the problem that now affects MILLIONS of users rather than blaming someone else and ignoring those MILLIONS of users.

Nov 5, 2023 11:58 PM in response to init00

Dear All,

I do have the same issue. Backspace is not working in Firefox and this is annoying. Backspace does work in Chrome.

Using Safari is for me and for most of us for sure not an option, because there is no version of Safari for Linux or Windows. I am pretty sure that everybody who is using the webversion of iCloud is not working on an apple device.

Best regards

Backspace Not Working - iCloud Web

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.