Iphone 15 pro max Apple pay not working

I have Iphone 15 pro max, IOS 17.0.3

Every time i use my card attached to apple wallet to pay, after double clicking the phone says hold nearby and suddenly apple wallet freezes.

Did anyone face similar?

How can this be something solved?

iPhone 15 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 5, 2023 1:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2023 6:14 PM

This is the exact same problem I’m having. I have to CC’s on my Apple Pay, neither of them work on my phone. I try to use it, nothing happens then it freezes. I have the same two cc, on my Apple Watch, both work perfectly. I’ve never had Apple pay issues until I got this 15 pro max,&5/ terrible. I have called Apple 5 times now and they said the phone is fine, it’s clearly not.

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 3, 2023 6:14 PM in response to sarkiskhatcherian

This is the exact same problem I’m having. I have to CC’s on my Apple Pay, neither of them work on my phone. I try to use it, nothing happens then it freezes. I have the same two cc, on my Apple Watch, both work perfectly. I’ve never had Apple pay issues until I got this 15 pro max,&5/ terrible. I have called Apple 5 times now and they said the phone is fine, it’s clearly not.

Nov 15, 2023 12:10 AM in response to jessiejean99

I had the same issue with my 15 Pro Max. Try hard reset, removing/adding cards, reset setting etc. Went to Apple Store, they replaced it with a new phone. Two weeks later after updating to 17.1.1 I have the same issue again. F*** this (sorry for that, but it's really annoying when paying so much for a new phone).

IOS 17 is a system that should have never been released - there's a big bug regarding Apple Pay Wallet. Here just a few threads with the same issue:

Nov 14, 2023 7:11 PM in response to sarkiskhatcherian

I already had my card set up on Apple Pay, but had to delete it. Recently I tried to add it once again but it keeps telling me to contact my card issuer. After trying a couple of more times, it said Apple Pay unavailable. I signed out of my Apple ID, updated my phone, I reseted my phone, and changed region, but nothing seems to work. I have the iPhone 15 pro max, but I don’t understand why I have to contact my card issuer if I already had the card in my Apple wallet. Please help!

Iphone 15 pro max Apple pay not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.