Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WatchOS 10.1 battery drain issue

My Series 8 watch upgrade to WatchOS 10.1 this morning and now my watch battery drains in 2 hours or so. What is the fix for this?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Oct 30, 2023 10:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2023 12:50 PM

Why the heck should we have to go through trying to erase, unpair etc… when this issue is clearly a software problem?

my Ultra is draining SO fast. Doesn’t last 7 hours now!

Apple creates this nonsense yet wants users to jump through hoops? No…. Fix the problem via an update!!

83 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 3, 2023 12:50 PM in response to javaliga

Why the heck should we have to go through trying to erase, unpair etc… when this issue is clearly a software problem?

my Ultra is draining SO fast. Doesn’t last 7 hours now!

Apple creates this nonsense yet wants users to jump through hoops? No…. Fix the problem via an update!!

Nov 3, 2023 1:14 AM in response to bo_tanaka

Apple Watch 45mm Series 8 GPS.

From purchase in April, 32-36 hours between charges with no issues. Watch automatically updated to 10.1 on day of release and now a 100% charge doesn’t last 5 hours! My watch has now been turned into a very expensive bed side clock for the past week and more as it’s not worth wearing until it’s sorted!

Can we please have an updated resolve and quickly!

Nov 2, 2023 4:30 PM in response to rkswat

Ever since the 10.1 update and the 17.1 update my watch and phone drain within a couple of hours while they are sitting idle. I have followed all of the recommendations and nothing. Apple has done nothing to correct the obvious flaws in both updates. If not resolved quickly, I’m considering getting rid of my all

of Apple Products and retuning to Android.

Nov 9, 2023 8:52 AM in response to bo_tanaka

I have tried low power mode to jump at the end of the day, but it’s still draining battery. Nothing changes. I have tried to remove all third parties apps. I have tried to unpair. A brand new series 9! This is the first time I experience something like this. My sister has now my “old” series 8 and it is PERFECT. Battery life is 100% and duration is about 30/34 hours! Unbelievable

Nov 6, 2023 4:00 AM in response to bo_tanaka

I have same issue. I mean not exactly the same. I restored yesterday my iPhone 15 pro because I tried to achieve better battery results. After paring my watch (set as new) battery was draining way too fast. Unparing didn't help. Hard reset? Nothing. Moreover I have a problem with Infograph face. in the middle I have a today's date. Above should be visible my next event or "no more event" or something like that. It worked before restoring. Now I doesn't. iOS 17 and new watchOS 10 are so buggy.

P.S. It is not only about this Moby app because I've never heard of it and still have a problem.

Oct 30, 2023 11:17 AM in response to bo_tanaka

If the battery drains too fast after an update, see all the replies to:

Battery Drain since watchos 7.4 - Apple Community

WatchOS 7.5 battery drain - Apple Community

FWIW, in some cases, unpairing the watch, completely erasing it, then pairing and restoring the backup will resolve the battery draining issue after an update. (Simply unpairing and pairing again may not work.)

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Also, some people have found that simply waiting a few days after an update resolves the battery draining problem.

Nov 8, 2023 1:25 PM in response to dmctom

I've made a lot of test. I still believe that third party apps can trigger something. Anyway I also saw that after uninstalling draining didn't stop but suddenly it did. I also don't want that is going on. Don't care about this bigger drop. It was a workout (running without iPhone and listening to music thought LTE). Still this workout took more % than before. But after that draining was better than before. Strange.

WatchOS 10.1 battery drain issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.