Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Internet speed slow down after IOS 17.1 update

I just did an internet speed test, my Iphone 12 now just have download speed of 3.4 Mbps after updating to IOS 17.1

iPhone XS, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 5, 2023 11:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2023 9:37 PM

After updating 17.1.1 my iphone 13’s wifi speed has slowed down drastically. Youtube, facebook and even the safari browser is taking long time to load and display content. Because of the lag, the phone is continuously switching to mobile data from wifi. Just to clarify my wifi is working fine with other devices. Please fix this as we expect premium products and services from apple

46 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 27, 2023 9:37 PM in response to dionlam03

After updating 17.1.1 my iphone 13’s wifi speed has slowed down drastically. Youtube, facebook and even the safari browser is taking long time to load and display content. Because of the lag, the phone is continuously switching to mobile data from wifi. Just to clarify my wifi is working fine with other devices. Please fix this as we expect premium products and services from apple

Nov 26, 2023 1:21 PM in response to TheLittles

This is a disappointing response. Nothing changed in my environment but the update to 17.1.1. All my Apple devices are now slow, particularly loading safari web pages. All my other windows devices are running at typical speeds. The suggestions above are standard recommendations to avoid doing the real work to identify and fix this. I see significant chatter on this so it’s not just me and my network.

I would appreciate more testing and analysis rather than blowing this off with the usual canned response.

Nov 28, 2023 4:43 AM in response to Iamswarnava

I am facing the same issue as you.

My wifi speed is perfectly normal (my other devices are working normally) but when I use any application on my iPhone 13, the content takes a lot of time to load, this is unusual behavior. In fact, just the other day I was trying to upload a file (5 MB) and it took around 3 minutes just to upload this alone.

I have been noticing this with the iOS 17.1.1 update.

Any way to fix this? This is absolutely frustrating and makes the mobile impossible to use!

Jan 3, 2024 10:28 AM in response to dionlam03

Turn off iCloud Private Relay on your device. Once I turned it off my speeds returned normal.

Go to setting. At the top of the page type in Private Relay in the search bar. It will take you right the page to turn it off. Apple needs to fix this problem so we can use Private Relay with reasonably appropriate speeds.

Good Luck 🍀

Nov 6, 2023 12:12 AM in response to dionlam03

dionlam03 Said:

"Internet speed slow down after IOS 17.1 update: I just did an internet speed test, my Iphone 12 now just have download speed of 3.4 Mbps after updating to IOS 17.1"

-------

Troubleshooting Lagging Wifi on an iPhone:

Report this to Apple...

Do your Part: Provide Apple with feedback on this, letting them know about this issue.  Apple may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what is occurring, and what bug fixes to include in updates to come. Apple will know nothing of this, if you don't report it to them.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: that this all began after installing an update. Include the URL of this thread
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

Nov 6, 2023 12:15 AM in response to dionlam03

You can try these Steps, hopefully it will help you out:

1. Check your Wi-Fi or Cellular Connection: Sometimes, slow internet is due to your network. Make sure you have a strong Wi-Fi or cellular connection. If possible, switch between Wi-Fi and cellular to see if one works better.
  2. Reboot Your Device: A classic solution! Restart your iPhone by holding down the power button and swiping the slider to turn it off. Then, turn it back on.
  3. Reset Network Settings: If the issue persists, try resetting your network settings. Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Be aware that this will reset all your saved Wi-Fi passwords and network settings.
  4. Check for Updates: Sometimes, Apple releases updates to fix such issues. Check for any available iOS updates by going to Settings > General > Software Update. If there's an update, download and install it.
  5. Contact Your Internet Service Provider: If none of the above works, it might be an issue with your internet service provider. Reach out to them to check if there are any problems on their end.

Hopefully, one of these quick fixes will help you get back to faster internet speeds.

Internet speed slow down after IOS 17.1 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.