iPhone 15 PM WiFi and Data Connection Issues

Hello,

I recently purchased an iPhone 15 Pro Max yesterday and I have been having major issues with the WiFi and data connection (although the data connection is just slow)

When I connect to my WiFi I get full bars but I cannot use the WiFi as there is seemingly no connection whatsoever... nothing loads whatsoever and I cant do anything... I have already tried resetting my network settings on the phone and after the network settings are reset the WiFi works for about 30 minutes to 1 hour and then it reverts back to the state of not working at all (still with full bars)

I dont have this issue with my PC, and nobody else in my household has this issue (iPhone 14 Pro Max and 2 iPads)

Thanks,

Posted on Nov 11, 2023 6:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2024 9:46 PM

I hope you read the issue they explained. Other devices work ok on the WiFi.

We have 2 iPhone 15s pro max that both concurrently have this same WiFi issue. The iPhone 12 and 12 pro max, 3 iPads all work fine. Smart devices all work ok. We have swapped out our router to a Wifi6 router but still same issue after all the iOS updates. Everyone cannot simultaneously be complaining about the same issue and it’s nothing. Apple should own up and do something about this. I’m contemplating returning the devices for android phones or an iPhone 14 Pro Max.

45 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 16, 2024 9:46 PM in response to by_stander

I hope you read the issue they explained. Other devices work ok on the WiFi.

We have 2 iPhone 15s pro max that both concurrently have this same WiFi issue. The iPhone 12 and 12 pro max, 3 iPads all work fine. Smart devices all work ok. We have swapped out our router to a Wifi6 router but still same issue after all the iOS updates. Everyone cannot simultaneously be complaining about the same issue and it’s nothing. Apple should own up and do something about this. I’m contemplating returning the devices for android phones or an iPhone 14 Pro Max.

Jan 27, 2024 11:29 AM in response to RyanH1998

Yup I have the exact same issue and Apple refuses to fix this issue for me. They would call me and try to help by running diagnostics but would end up saying we don’t see anything wrong. They would say must be your WiFi because your phone is good. Clearly the phone isn’t good because my WiFi stops working around every 2-4 days and I gotta reset my router it’s the only thing that lets me reconnect. Usually Apple is good customer service but now it’s very bad and they just can’t help me and don’t wanna switch my phone out for another one. Let me know if you find a fix please it’s very frustrating I’m ok the verge of switching to Samsung really soon

May 22, 2024 9:26 PM in response to RyanH1998

Hello,It sounds frustrating to have your new iPhone 15 Pro Max not connecting properly to WiFi or experiencing slow data speeds. Here are ALL the methods I know and you can tryto see if these resolve the issues:

1. **Force Restart Your iPhone:**

Quickly press volume u , then volume down, and hold the side button until it get to the apple logo page. check theguided if you havetroublee doing this:Force restart iPhone - Apple Support

2. **Reset Network Settings:**

You mentioned you’ve already tried this, but it’s worth repeating if other steps don’t work. Go to **Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset > Reset Network Settings**.

3. **Reset All Settings:**

This will not erase your data but will reset all personalized settings to their default values. Go to **Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset > Reset All Settings**. ---Note that you will need to reconfigure your settings afterward, including network settings, keyboard dictionary, Home screen layout, location settings, privacy settings, and Apple Pay cards.

4. **Update iOS:**

Make sure your iPhone is running the latest iOS version. Go to **Settings > General > Software Update** to check for and install any available updates.

5. **Forget and Reconnect to WiFi Network:**

Go to **Settings > WiFi**, select your WiFi network, and tap **Forget This Network**. Then reconnect by selecting the network and entering the password.

6. **Try a system repair:**

if all that can't fix the issue try a system repair to see if this helps: Fix WiFi and Data Connection

7. **Disable WiFi Assist:**

WiFi Assist can sometimes cause issues. Go to **Settings > Cellular** and scroll down to **WiFi Assist**. Turn it off and see if this improves your connection.

8. **Reset Router:**

If you have access to the router, try resetting or restaring it. This can sometimes clear up any issues with network connections. if it's not the issue try

9. **Contact Your ISP:**

If the problem is specific to your WiFi network, there might be an issue with your internet service provider (ISP). Contact them to ensure there are no outages or issues in your area.

If none of the above steps resolve the issue, I recommend reaching out to Apple Support or visiting an authorized service center for further assistance. They can provide specific guidance based on your device model and iOS version.

Good luck, and I hope your connection issues are resolved soon!

Feb 4, 2024 9:56 AM in response to RyanH1998

Problem solved with using a newer modem. I have Centurylink fiber with a fairly old modem. Attached is a newer “flash router” for more Wifi channels. Switching to the flash router 5G WiFi worked.

In discussion with Centurylink support, the tech noted: “your modem is only for WPA2 and the IOS of your phone is WPA3. So I highly suggest to replace your modem.”

So, newer modem seems to be the solution.

Nov 11, 2023 6:34 AM in response to RyanH1998

You may try some of these steps, please check after each step...

1. Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve temporary software glitches. Turn off your iPhone, wait for a few seconds, and then turn it back on.
    1. Restart the device. That's it.
    2. Still not solved --> Force restart iPhone - Apple Support
  2. If the issue persists, you can try resetting all settings on your iPhone. This will not erase your data but will reset all personalized settings to their default values. Go to Settings > General > Transfer & Reset > Reset > Reset All Settings and confirm the action. Note that you will need to reconfigure your settings afterward. All settings—including network settings, the keyboard dictionary, the Home screen layout, location settings, privacy settings, and Apple Pay cards—are removed or reset to their defaults. No data or media are deleted.
    1. Reset All Settings: Return iPhone settings to their defaults - Apple Support:- Return iPhone settings to their defaults
    2. You can return settings to their defaults without erasing your content.
    3. If you want to save your settings, back up your iPhone before returning them to their defaults. For example, if you’re trying to solve a problem but returning settings to their defaults doesn’t help, you might want to restore your previous settings from a backup.
  3. Make sure you have the latest updates installed.
    1. Update Over-the-Air (OTA) —> Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support (IN)
    2. Update using iTunes/Finder —> Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support (IN)

If none of the above steps resolve the issue, it is recommended to reach out to Apple Support or visit an authorized service center for further assistance. They can provide specific guidance based on your device model and iOS version.

Mar 1, 2024 1:54 PM in response to RyanH1998

Sadly this is not a new problem with the Pro Max. The WIFI on my 13 is unreliable at best, completely useless at worst. I've contacted Apple a few times and each time they say they've never heard of this problem, despite the fact that I can find hundreds of people in the community who have had, and REPORTED, the same exact issue. Just google any model iPhone and "WIFI issues" and you'll see how prevalent this is. It's not your WIFI (as you already know), it's the phone.

They'll tell you all the nonsense - oh download the latest update, have you tried resetting your network settings, rebooting your router, dancing in the forest over a picture of Steve Jobs? It's all fake. It has to be something in the hardware of the Pro Max models and they refuse to address the problem.

Best I can say is if I do buy another iPhone (and that's big IF), it will never be another Pro Max.

Mar 28, 2024 9:38 AM in response to BigJoe1101

Vpn was a problem all the time… Thank you so much! I have vpn instaled and i use it all the time, but i lose my service for 10 min in garage and when i came back my data was not working and when i tried to connect to wifi it says connected but does not show it in the top right corner and won’t load anything. You saved my life friend, thank you again!

iPhone 15 PM WiFi and Data Connection Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.