Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

17.1.1 issues with volume after update

I updated to 17.1.1 and my volume was fine before I did the update. Both bottom speaker and top speak worked like a charm. Did the update and everything cut out for the bottom speaker. Went to an Apple Store to do the diagnostics on it there is nothing wrong with the hardware. Apple please fix the issue with your software I’m not the only one who is having an issue. Iphone is iPhone 11 Pro just haven’t updated it on my login here.

iPhone 6s Plus

Posted on Nov 22, 2023 2:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2023 8:56 AM

17.1.2 12-ProMax - Phone Volume issues can barely hear callers voices, issues happened after the 17.1.1 software update.

Apple please correct cannot hear callers with the phone volume set at Max level in quiet and and public background noise areas.

63 replies

Nov 28, 2023 8:51 PM in response to Chionistar

My wife did the update as well. The volume on the phone sounds muffled and is nowhere near as loud as it used to be. She complains she can barely hear me and pretty much has to put it on speaker phone, which isn't really a work around.

Apple messed up on this one and needs to get this fixed. Anybody buying new phones will have their phones updated at the store to the latest IOS and they will hate from day 1

Dec 10, 2023 12:12 PM in response to Chionistar

That didn’t work in mine. None of this fixes posted worked in mine and if the idea was to get a new one i am not going to buy an IPhone. if this persists !!!!

Definitely 100% related with the update 17 … battery impacted, phone gets too hot, no sound on calls at all so impossible to use it without using the speaker which you cant do when you work in an open office.

[Edited by Moderator]

Dec 31, 2023 12:56 AM in response to Chionistar

I am using iPhone 12 mini. My volume was fine before I did the update. Both bottom speaker and top speaker worked like a charm. After I updated to 17.2.1, there is no sound from bottom speaker, only top speaker is working. Did the update cut out the bottom speaker. Went to an Apple Store to do the diagnostics on it there is nothing wrong with the hardware. Apple please fix the issue with your software I’m not the only one who is having an issue.

17.1.1 issues with volume after update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.