Location Sharing Screenshots dating back to 2021 (never shared location) - Help and Advice needed - crazy ex.

A few months back I received these screenshots all at once to my texts. There were four or five dating back to 2021. I have never shared my location with anyone but my daughter. I do believe my ex has something to do with it. He seems to know things that aren’t possible. Obviously there is much more involved but I am at a loss. I have changed my passcode, reset all my devices etc. I just want to know if anyone has seen anything like this? The screenshots go back to 2021. Any help would be appreciated. 

iPhone 13, iOS 17

Posted on Nov 25, 2023 7:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2023 8:10 AM

Tigercosmo12 Said:

"Location Sharing Screenshots dating back to 2021 (never shared location) - Help and Advice needed - crazy ex. A few months back I received these screenshots all at once to my texts. There were four or five dating back to 2021. […]I have never shared an apple ID with anyone. I do not share passwords and I have done all I can to secure everything.

———-

Thank you for the followup reply.

Troubleshooting Text Messages:

I. Provide More About this Text Message:

So, who texted you these screenshots? Was it your ex? Do you recognize the phone number?

II. Perhaps Sent by a Scammer:

You ever consider changing your eMail Address? I have over-the-years. Brokers find your information, and then they share it with others. So Google you phone number, and your eMail address, and see if it pops right up. I’ve seen mine pop up, and that’s why I get so many scam eMail. Eventually, I moved on to using a new eMail address.

III. New eMail Address and New eMail App:

Looks to me like you have added this eMail address to your Mail app many times over. So, remove the entire account, and then move forward from here to using the eMail provider’s app. As an example, if using gmail, then use the gmail app. Gmail - Email by Google on the App Store - App Store

IV. Avoiding Popups and Scam Messages:

Two Things to do...

A. Malwarebytes Mobile Security:

If you were to use Malwarebytes Mobile Security then that may do the job, somewhat. It blocks out suspected scams, based on the sender's phone number. The paid version lets you report a number - once reported, it blocks it out, not even allowing it to go through.  Malwarebytes is created by longtime users of these forums, making it the only reliable Security Software for Apple devices. Go Here: Malwarebytes Mobile Security - App Store

B. Brave Bowser:

Try using the Brave Private Web Browser. It blocks out all sorts of junk. You can get ti directly in the App StoreBrave Private Web Browser - App Store

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 26, 2023 8:10 AM in response to Tigercosmo12

Tigercosmo12 Said:

"Location Sharing Screenshots dating back to 2021 (never shared location) - Help and Advice needed - crazy ex. A few months back I received these screenshots all at once to my texts. There were four or five dating back to 2021. […]I have never shared an apple ID with anyone. I do not share passwords and I have done all I can to secure everything.

———-

Thank you for the followup reply.

Troubleshooting Text Messages:

I. Provide More About this Text Message:

So, who texted you these screenshots? Was it your ex? Do you recognize the phone number?

II. Perhaps Sent by a Scammer:

You ever consider changing your eMail Address? I have over-the-years. Brokers find your information, and then they share it with others. So Google you phone number, and your eMail address, and see if it pops right up. I’ve seen mine pop up, and that’s why I get so many scam eMail. Eventually, I moved on to using a new eMail address.

III. New eMail Address and New eMail App:

Looks to me like you have added this eMail address to your Mail app many times over. So, remove the entire account, and then move forward from here to using the eMail provider’s app. As an example, if using gmail, then use the gmail app. Gmail - Email by Google on the App Store - App Store

IV. Avoiding Popups and Scam Messages:

Two Things to do...

A. Malwarebytes Mobile Security:

If you were to use Malwarebytes Mobile Security then that may do the job, somewhat. It blocks out suspected scams, based on the sender's phone number. The paid version lets you report a number - once reported, it blocks it out, not even allowing it to go through.  Malwarebytes is created by longtime users of these forums, making it the only reliable Security Software for Apple devices. Go Here: Malwarebytes Mobile Security - App Store

B. Brave Bowser:

Try using the Brave Private Web Browser. It blocks out all sorts of junk. You can get ti directly in the App StoreBrave Private Web Browser - App Store

Nov 25, 2023 7:28 PM in response to Tigercosmo12

Tigercosmo12 Said:

"Location Sharing Screenshots dating back to 2021 (never shared location) - Help and Advice needed - crazy ex. 

A few months back I received these screenshots all at once to my texts. There were four or five dating back to 2021.[...]"

-------

Thank you for the screenshot.

Troubleshooting Scam Messages:

A. Secure your Account:

Are you using the same Apple ID? If so, either one of you need to leave this Apple ID. Sharing it with among one another, you may see one another's calls and messages.

B. Report Items to Apple and Other:

Use my User: Using the Photos App to Report Scams - User Tip. Report phone calls and messages info to Apple and others.

C. Keep a Clean Record of your Messages:

Use my User Tip: How to Save or Print a Complete iPhone Messages Thread - User Tip

D. Secure your Info:

If concerned for device access, then (A)verify your devices, and (B)modify your credentials. Open a new eMail address and use that for your Apple ID.

1. Verify your Devices:

Verify that all devices are logged in to your account, by using this link: Check your Apple ID Device List to See where you're Signed in - Apple Support

then...

2. Modify your Credentials:

Having been stollen, someone lily has your credentials. So, by all means, modifying them.

Nov 26, 2023 8:36 AM in response to TheLittles

Hello! Thanks for your reply. The screenshots are from my text messages that showed up after I synched messages with Icloud which was off for some reason. The email/gmail address belongs to my ex and I know he uses that for his Apple ID. I guess the easiest way to look at it is if you shared your location on and off with someone via the text app. So in other words it looks like I shared my location with him over and over for two years, which I never did. That’s why this is a mystery. 😩

Location Sharing Screenshots dating back to 2021 (never shared location) - Help and Advice needed - crazy ex.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.