After update, Apple Pay says my card is expiring, but it is not

Why did the new update make Apple think my Apple Pay acct think my card is expired ? It won’t expire for two years, and now I can’t use Apple Pay for anything.

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 29, 2023 4:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2023 11:46 AM

Mine is doing the same thing. I can’t download any apps or many any in-app purchases because it says my card is going to expire. It doesn’t expire for a while. Very frustrating because I can’t remove the card to try and add it back in from my phone because of my active Apple Music subscription.

118 replies

Jan 1, 2024 7:37 AM in response to Tashaskye

I just found a solution in another thread and it worked for me. I just tried by making a game purchase and success. Go to settings; Apple ID, media and purchases, then payment and shipping. Remove your card and re-add. It worked for me. I then linked the card from there. Apparently you can’t do it from Apple Wallet. Good luck I hope this works for you and everyone else who reads this. It’s been a headache for the last 3 days.

Dec 30, 2023 2:27 PM in response to Tashaskye

Came here to say the same thing. I noticed that ever since I updated to 17.2.1 I’ve been getting “payment problem” emails from Apple regarding my recurring subscriptions but they go through just fine.

I'm trying to make a movie purchase and it keeps telling me my card is about to expire when it doesn’t expire for another 2 years.

Updating the info does nothing.

Dec 31, 2023 8:19 PM in response to Tashaskye

Happy NYE! Spending mine trying to figure out how to get my Apple Pay to work. Just like all of you, Apple Pay says my card is expired. I tried adding a different card to remove my current one and re-add it, phone says new card is also expired so I can’t add it. Therefore, I don’t have a solution. Please let me know if anyone else finds one. Count your days, Apple!

After update, Apple Pay says my card is expiring, but it is not

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.