Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Issues after updating to iOS 17.4.1

Hi Guys. After updating my iphone to the latest 17.4.1, i am facing several issues in the last 4-5 days,

1. The contact poster of my contacts is not being displayed whenever i am making the call or receiving a call from them. It just shows a black background.
  2. The pedometer in iphone is not working properly. I go for a walk daily in the morning and the same distance before was shown around 4 Kms, now it is showing 2.5 or 3 Kms, and this issue is also consistent. There is something seriously wrong with the steps being counted.
  3. Battery drain has also increased by around 10-15% more than what it used to be. Even if my phone is sitting idle, it loses battery at a much faster rate than what was before.

I don't know if anyone else is facing these issues, but these issues are consistently there for me and are not resolved by restarting the phone (which i did several times).

iPhone 14

Posted on Apr 3, 2024 11:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2024 8:27 PM

I have no data keeps saying cellular data not on even though it is, but doesn’t work. I can only use my phone with Wi-Fi

VERY FRUSTRATING!!

298 replies

Apr 9, 2024 4:25 PM in response to xyz_1261

After the 17.4.1 update on iPhone 15 Pro does NOT connect to home Wifi. Can barely make phone calls & text, let alone phone does not ring for incoming calls and texts at times. NOR does Safari or any of the Social Media apps work. I have done ALL resets and nothing works. Want to delete latest update and that option is NOT AVAILABLE this time. HELP ASAP

Apr 11, 2024 12:06 AM in response to xyz_1261

Based on what I've seen since the release of iOS 17.4.1 this update has caused more widespread damage than any I've seen. The list of problems being reported that directly correlates to the installation of this update is staggering, literally too many to mention. Apple really has their work laid out for them to try and correct all of these different anomalies. There's millions of customers with various critical issues. I'm hoping that Apple will be able to come up with a stable update to address these problems very soon. If not their credibility may suffer irreparable damage.

Apr 10, 2024 10:56 AM in response to xyz_1261

After updating to 17.4.1 I realize that my face recognition was not working. Upon further investigation I found that my front camera is no longer operational. The rear camera still works. Rebooted the phone several times with the same results. This is obviously a result of this update. From what I'm reading online I'm lucky that this is the only issue that I've discovered so far. I'm hoping that Apple will issue an update correct these measures soon.

Issues after updating to iOS 17.4.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.