There are various issues on my iPhone since updating to iOS 17.4.1

This new updates seems to have too many bugs, instead of fix. Wi-Fi won’t work. None of the apps open, just keep getting black screen, phone overheating, draining battery faster than charging, can’t access shared iCloud pictures, can not FaceTime. Safari is just blank page. Restarted Wi-Fi, phone, apps, but NOTHING WORKS!!! Can’t surf at all, games are blank too…. Need immediate fix!!!!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Apr 8, 2024 11:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2024 2:01 AM

Since I’ve updated I can’t call, text , send pictures etc. very stressful not being able to get ahold of anyone. Does anyone know how to fix this or if they will fix this?? Getting very sick of not having a working phone that was super expensive just for it not to work

134 replies

Apr 10, 2024 2:27 PM in response to Chinguu

I’ve lost all my bookmarks and favourites in safari, I didn’t realise I needed to sync these things on the iCloud, no previous update has wiped them from existence. Now all my saved quick links are gone.

edit: my works app now doesn’t work, and the baby camera monitor app doesn’t work either. Who even allowed this “update”?

among the other issues encountered with this update, that one is the most infuriating… haven’t had to try my AirPods yet with the Bluetooth issues but my garmin no longer gets notifications 😑😑😑

Apr 9, 2024 6:18 AM in response to Chinguu

I also encounter a lot of problems. Some apps like Files and Waze crash for no reason. the only solution that works temporarily is to undo a forced restart but the problem comes back regularly.

The support told me to disconnect and reconnect, to reset all the settings, to reinstall the IOS version 17.4.1 via iTunes, but nothing works, it's very annoying.

Apr 10, 2024 9:37 PM in response to Chinguu

This page may be some help (thanks to MrBill3):

If your iPhone won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support

And sometimes typing in the issue you're facing to the search box will turn up solutions.

If you can get back into your phone, so to speak, 9to5Mac reported that Apple released a new version of 17.4.1, but it was only available through a computer. On a Mac, plug the phone into the computer, open a Finder window, and select your iPhone in the side bar. If the side panel isn't showing, go to the View menu and click Show Side Bar. On older Macs you may have to use iTunes, but it is similar. On a Windows computer I believe you either open iTunes or the Apple Devices app, but I'm not familiar with that setup.

Anyway, once you have done that, there should be a "page" for your phone. Choose General from the top row, and there will be a Check for Update button. From there you should be able to update your phone the newer version of 17.4.1.

I updated "over the air" to 17.4.1 and didn't see any problems. But when I saw the article I updated again and my phone went through the whole process, which seems to indicate that this is a different update. Since then it has worked fine, as far as I can see.

9to5Mac reports that the build number for the over-the-air update is 21E236, but the one through a computer is 21E237.

There are various issues on my iPhone since updating to iOS 17.4.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.