Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Carplay in Honda not working with new IOS 11.2.5

My new car no longer recognizes my device as plugged in since I upgraded yesterday morning. So frustrating not to be able to use a feature I chose the car for. Will this be fixed or is there a way I can remove the update?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 11.2.5

Posted on Feb 2, 2018 1:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2018 3:26 PM

Hello there Ajchrishon,

It sounds like CarPlay is not working since you updated your phone. The following section of this article should help you get that back up and running:

Set up CarPlay with your iPhone

If CarPlay doesn't work like you expect, here’s what you can check. After each step, try using CarPlay again.

1. Make sure that Siri is turned on.
  2. Restart your iPhone and your car. Depending on your car, you might see the CarPlay Home screen when you turn it on. If you don't, look for the CarPlay logo on your car’s display.
  3. If possible, connect your iPhone to a different USB port in your car.
  4. Try a different Lightning to USB cable. Make sure that the cable is certified.
  5. Update to the latest version of iOS.
  6. Check your car’s manual for help. You might need to install firmware updates for your stereo.

Learn more about CarPlay and driving and navigating safely.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities, take care.
48 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 3, 2018 3:26 PM in response to Ajcrishon

Hello there Ajchrishon,

It sounds like CarPlay is not working since you updated your phone. The following section of this article should help you get that back up and running:

Set up CarPlay with your iPhone

If CarPlay doesn't work like you expect, here’s what you can check. After each step, try using CarPlay again.

1. Make sure that Siri is turned on.
  2. Restart your iPhone and your car. Depending on your car, you might see the CarPlay Home screen when you turn it on. If you don't, look for the CarPlay logo on your car’s display.
  3. If possible, connect your iPhone to a different USB port in your car.
  4. Try a different Lightning to USB cable. Make sure that the cable is certified.
  5. Update to the latest version of iOS.
  6. Check your car’s manual for help. You might need to install firmware updates for your stereo.

Learn more about CarPlay and driving and navigating safely.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities, take care.

Feb 3, 2018 6:32 PM in response to Teddy_B

I had already tried these suggestions and tried again but none of them work. The car is no longer reading the phone as connected via the Lightening-this only started with the last Apple update (IOS 11.2.5) and apparently I am not the only one who has had issue with this. Is there a way I can remove the update from my phone?

Feb 14, 2018 6:13 PM in response to Ajcrishon

This si what my dealer gave me. They did the reset but that same week, Car play crashed and has yet to start up. I gave up on it and it ***** given that it’s a brand new car and the “best iPhone” (iPhone X). Apple needs to rethink their position in the technology industry because its looking very disappointing in my perspective. User uploaded file

Feb 18, 2018 2:11 PM in response to Ajcrishon

Hey Everyone,

Since Apple is not responding to our new posts on this issue, seemingly because it was marked resolved (incorrectly), I created a new post. If you want to head over there and click "I have this question, too" or add your commentary, it might help. Here is the link: What is Apple Doing to Fix 11.2.5 Upgrade Which Breaks CarPlay?

Thank you.

Feb 8, 2018 8:33 AM in response to Ajcrishon

My dealer said to reset the honda head unit to factory to default settings. This did not work for me but this is perhaps because I had updated to a beta version of iOS 11.3 based on commentary elsewhere that indicated this worked.

'Would love to know if being on iOS 11.3 is likely to be the problem or not. Doesn't seem like it should be but maybe Honda's head unit doesn't yet support 11.3?

Feb 8, 2018 12:02 PM in response to Ajcrishon

I have the same problem with my Accord 2018, i tried 5 different apple certified cables, resetting the phone and the unit multiple times and i stopped at the dealership, they put the blame on Apple and they said it was something general and they don't have any solution, i would like to know if Apple is aware of this issue and is there any solution to this...

Thanks

Feb 9, 2018 5:48 AM in response to Teddy_B

jameson.h:

Why is this issue marked as being solved? That does not seem to be the case. The suggestions have not worked for me either. I don't mean to come across as rude, so please take what I write next in that spirit: It seems like you simply provided a generic set of instructions to the first poster - including items that were clearly not applicable in this case. 11.2.5 is the latest officially available iOS version and seems to be playing a causal role in these problems. I look forward to you responding to this loyal community of users. Thank you for your time.

Feb 9, 2018 9:15 AM in response to Teddy_B

I too am having this problem. I drive a Ford F-150 and not only does CarPlay not work since the update to iOS 11.2.5. the truck won’t even charge the iPhone. It just says usb device does not respond. I have tried all the steps listed to try and resolve this issue. Non have been susscesfull. This is extremely frustrating and even more so since this thread is marked solved and obviously the issue remains unsolved

Feb 12, 2018 5:44 PM in response to Teddy_B

I'd like to make a very useful suggestion. Go to a Hinda dealership and know what you are talking about before providing an answer. If I wanted to only use Bluetooth, your answer would make sense. However, Bluetooth will NOT, again, N-O-T provide CarPlay capability. When do you geniuses have an expected REAL solution, and if you cannot answer that, is there any chance someone who's more knowledgeable can provide an answer? Sorry to be angry, but when you buy a new car that worked perfectly with your previous iOS, you tend to figure Apple wouldn't break it with an update, and then skirt around the problem and provide generic (and unapplicable) solutions. I look forward to an answer that fixes the issue, not smoke screens. Thank you.

Feb 14, 2018 2:59 PM in response to Ajcrishon

I wasn't able to connect to CarPlay in my VW either after updating to 11.2.5. My car didn't seem to recognize that a device was connected. I tried restarting the phone, resetting the car infotainment system, and different lightning cables, but nothing worked. I just got it working again today after going into the settings menu in my car and selecting the CarPlay/App-Connect settings. I plugged in my phone while in the CarPlay settings, and it finally recognized my phone and seems to be able to connect without problems now. I don't know if your Honda has a similar settings menu, but I just thought I'd share my experience in case it is helpful.

Feb 14, 2018 3:13 PM in response to ewenfromlangenfeld

I too am having this issue in my 2018 Accord. I have done all the recommended solutions including trying a Honda firmware update (mine was already up to date) and nothing has worked. The cable still charges the phone in both USB ports but that’s it. @Apple has to correct this. Honda is one of the largest automakers in the world. I feel like CarPlay is an after thought in all of their updates. PLEASE HELP YOUR CUSTOMERS APPLE!

Carplay in Honda not working with new IOS 11.2.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.