Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro Cannot Connect to 2.4 Wifi - Fixed

My Mac (Macbook Pro 2013, High Sierra 10.13.3) could connect to my home wifi on the 5ghz band but not on 2.4. The 5ghz would often drop. Other devices, including my iPhone, could connect to either band without problems.

I searched and searched, until I found this thread, now closed: 2014 Mini (10.10.2) 2.4GHz wifi will not connect, 5GHz fine

The solution was to disconnect by USB hub from the left USB port. Crazy, but as soon as I eject then unplug the USB hub, I am able to connect to 2.4 wifi (as in, unplug the hub while trying to connect to 2.4, spinning, unplug>>connect). If I plug in a USB drive on its own without the hub, I can connect without problems. Connecting the USB hub on the right side works, but it appears that wifi works best with no USB hub connected at all.

Fix: If you cannot connect your Mac to 2.4 wifi, and you are using a USB hub, unplug the hub and see if that fixes things for you.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3)

Posted on Feb 9, 2018 7:50 AM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Macbook Pro Cannot Connect to 2.4 Wifi - Fixed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.