Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

“Zoom enabled” bug

For no reason, “zoom enabled” shows up on my screen randomly. It used to always happen when I dragged two fingers down to read the screen. Oddly, this bug never happens when I double tap with three fingers, which is what triggers zoom. Zoom and read screen have worked together for years. They still work properly on another iPhone and on two iPads. Apple chat people wasted 70 minutes and didn’t even understand the problem. The Genius Bar guy tonight reset my settings, thanks for that disruption, but it still happens. I have also restarted the phone many times, and the bug survived three iOS upgrades, too. It shows up randomly, and serves no purpose. Why would anyone ever want “zoom enabled” to be displayed? I know, I turned it on. Why was the software released with this bug?

iPhone X, iOS 11.2.6, Happens in random apps and no apps.

Posted on Feb 21, 2018 10:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2018 10:57 PM

never seen that on any ios device I ever used maybe it's a hardware issue

have you tried to disable the feature How can I turn off Zoom on the iPhone (iOS 4)?

1 reply

“Zoom enabled” bug

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.