Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: iPhone X both speakers doesnt work. No alarm, no music etc.

Hello,

sometimes i have the problem that my earpiece doesnt work (watch that thread:

https://discussions.apple.com/message/33128496?ac_cid=tw123456#33128496).

Only way to fix this is to restart the iPhone X. Many other people with that problem too...

But this morning my alarm doesnt work (again)! The reason was that BOTH speakers doesnt work. There was no sound (no music etc.). Only way to fix was again a reboot. I had that problem with my X before 4 times on iOS 11.2.5 and now also on 11.2.6. I set up the device as new and also i tried to restore it with iTunes (with both version). Didnt help... Problem cames back.

In 5 years iPhone 5 i didnt had that issues. Cant trust the iPhone anymore when the alarm in the morning doesnt work...

Think it is a software problem. With iOS 11.3 a fix in the pipeline??

Posted on

Page content loaded

Mar 13, 2018 2:23 PM in response to rbrylawski In response to rbrylawski

Reboot, Reset, Restore will only temporaily fix the problem.

As you can see in the thread i posted before many people got a new iPhone X from the Genius Bar and the problem came also back. So i think it is a software bug or a huge hardware problem.... So please fix this Apple. It is a main function!

And btw here is the next thread:

iPhone X Earpiece Not Working

Mar 13, 2018 2:23 PM

Reply Helpful

Mar 13, 2018 2:24 PM in response to JulianQwer In response to JulianQwer

Nah.....I have two iPhone X since the launch day and neither has had this issue. For it to be a software bug, it would effect way more people. And asking Apple to fix anything here will get you nothing. This is a user to user only forum. Apple isn't here, isn't reading these posts and won't do anything for you for writing a post.

You have a one year warranty on your phone. Either call Apple at 1-800-MY-APPLE or schedule an appointment at your Apple Store Genius Bar.

Mar 13, 2018 2:24 PM

Reply Helpful

Mar 13, 2018 2:34 PM in response to rbrylawski In response to rbrylawski

This is an official apple forum under a apple URL so i think they will have a look here... : ) specially when over 400 people clicked "me too" on the "my earpiece doesnt work thread"... Re: iPhone X Earpiece not working on phone calls We will see... I think it is a problem with the "mediaserved" service or so... so that one or two speakers will crash

Mar 13, 2018 2:34 PM

Reply Helpful

Mar 13, 2018 2:35 PM in response to JulianQwer In response to JulianQwer

Again, no one I know including myself have had any speaker issues with iPhone X. If you believe posting here is all you need to do, as opposed to doing something definite like speaking with or seeing your Apple Genius Bar directly, that's up to you.

Mar 13, 2018 2:35 PM

Reply Helpful

Mar 13, 2018 2:40 PM in response to JulianQwer In response to JulianQwer

JulianQwer wrote:

This is an official apple forum under a apple URL so i think they will have a look here... : )

You think wrong. This is a user-to-user technical support forum. Apple does not participate, except as moderators, and even then only if a user reports a post to be reviewed. If you want to get Apple's attention the best way is to install the Apple Support app on your phone, and use it to contact Apple. You can also follow the advice already given on how to contact Apple.

Mar 13, 2018 2:40 PM

Reply Helpful

Mar 25, 2018 7:37 AM in response to pattifrommoultrie In response to pattifrommoultrie

Hi,

i dont think the genuis bar can help with that problem, because it is a software bug. There so many other People with that bug... I think the will fix it soon... I hope with 11.3.

Btw. there are two bugs:

1. Both Speakers are not working. Look at this thread:

Re: Alarm clock randomly silent

The problem is the clock app (alarm, timer). The Alarm or the timer sound will chrash both speakers. There are some post with excatly the same problem. And yes i have this problem also only in combination with the alarm in the morning.

2. Earpice (only upper speaker) will not work:

Re: iPhone X Earpiece not working on phone calls

Mar 25, 2018 7:37 AM

Reply Helpful

Mar 25, 2018 4:48 PM in response to pattifrommoultrie In response to pattifrommoultrie

If a new phone doesn't work, that's why it has a 1 year warranty. Make a Genius Bar appointment: Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

It is meaningless to discuss what does or does not work in a beta version - the whole point of a beta version is that it is incomplete, and not all bugs have been resolved. If there were no identifiable major bugs it wouldn't be a beta, it would be a GA (general availability) release. And frankly, anyone who installs a beta release on their only phone or one they need every day is a fool, and is asking for trouble.

Mar 25, 2018 4:48 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: JulianQwer

Question: iPhone X both speakers doesnt work. No alarm, no music etc.