Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Scanner error 9923 on High Sierra

Hi everyone,

I've got a problem with connecting to my scanner since I updated to Mac OS High Sierra. It's Epson Stylus Office BX635FWD and I've been using it for a couple of years as a printer and scanner connected via AirPrint. Ever since I updated my Mac OS to the newest version, the error alert nr. 9923 keeps showing up when I try to connect to the scanner using System Preferences>Printers and scanners>Scanning or the Image Capture utility. Printer works though.

Does anybody have any suggestions for fixing this bug?

Thanks.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3)

Posted on Mar 26, 2018 11:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2018 10:24 PM

Check out this website: https://toggen.com.au/blog/it-tips/macos-sierra-scanning-fail

It's a solution for HP printers/scanners, maybe there are similiar settings for Epson.

Just login to your scanner's web interface and go to the 'network' or 'network protocol' tab. There switch to 'Enable IPv4 only' instead of 'Enable both IPv4 and IPv6'.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 6, 2018 10:24 PM in response to Josef19

Check out this website: https://toggen.com.au/blog/it-tips/macos-sierra-scanning-fail

It's a solution for HP printers/scanners, maybe there are similiar settings for Epson.

Just login to your scanner's web interface and go to the 'network' or 'network protocol' tab. There switch to 'Enable IPv4 only' instead of 'Enable both IPv4 and IPv6'.

Mar 26, 2018 11:14 AM in response to Josef19

I would call Epson's tech support for help because this may just be a printer error. You should also visit their tech support site and look for the most recent driver version for your printer. If it is newer than the one you now have then download and install it. See if it fixes the problem. Here are links to some other suggestions.

How to Add or Remove a Printer in High Sierra

Printer & scanner software for macOS 10.13 to OS X 10.9

Printers not behaving? Reset them and start from scratch | MacIssues

Troubleshooting printer issues in OS X - Apple Support

Scanner error 9923 on High Sierra

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.