Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Update 12.7.4.76 - problems sync'ing photos

Something is wrong with the latest version of iTunes (12.7.4.76) when it syncs photos from PC to iPhone. All of my photos were wiped from my phone in the update yesterday morning and trying to resync them is taking forever. I finally managed to get 53 photos loaded (took over an hour). Just resync'd immediately (without changing ANY options) and it's been "reading photos" for over 10 minutes. Any advice, considering I have over 8000 photos still to sync to my phone?

Posted on Apr 10, 2018 10:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2018 8:41 AM

Advice is in this thread, note that I have followed the advice given by ErgoEdbo on one of the later pages which has worked for me and is fairly straightforward.

can not sync photos with ios 11.3 and itunes 12.7.4

Similar questions

4 replies

Apr 11, 2018 8:42 AM in response to meredith1414

A number of users seem to be having a similar experience with iTunes 12.7.4.76. You might want to use this step by step guide to rolling back to 12.7.3 on a Mac.

1. Close iTunes
  2. Install iTunes 12.6.4, but don't run it
  3. Open Home > Music > iTunes > Previous iTunes Libraries in Finder, or the relevant folder if library is stored elsewhere.
  4. Locate the file with the date when you updated to 12.7.4, copy it
  5. Go up one level to the iTunes folder and paste
  6. Rename iTunes Library.itl as iTunes Library NEW.itl
  7. Rename the dated file as iTunes Library.itl
  8. Install iTunes 12.7.3
  9. Open iTunes

Your library should be restored to the exact state it was in when you closed it prior to installing 12.7.4.

tt2

iTunes Update 12.7.4.76 - problems sync'ing photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.