Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

screen sharing doesn't work on 10.13.4

Hi everyone,

I experience an issue with screen sharing since the latest update 10.13.4, when I try to connect to a distant Macbook Pro 2011. I don't have Apple Remote Desktop, I use the simple Screen Sharing launched directly from Messages app.

The symptom: When I start to share the screen of the distant Macbook pro, and after the validation of the distant user of course, I get the sound, but there is no video. The app still tries to connect, without any success.

By doing the inverse (try to share my own screen from the distant user), I never receive the "notification" to validate the process.

My problem occurs only between my r-Macbook Pro 2015 and my distant old Macbook Pro 2011. I tried to connect to another r-Macbook Pro 2015, the connection works in both directions. I precise that all Macs mentioned here are updated in 10.13.4.

I have seen a lot of posts related to screen sharing problem since the latest 10.13.4 update, with different symptoms:

Screen Sharing is broken in macOS 10.13.4

Screen sharing problems

After HighSierra 10.13.4 update, screen sharing problem

My latest Update 31-03-2018 Screen share!!!

and many others...

For some people, the problem is about cursor or screen resize, with bad behaviors since 10.13.4.

For me and others, it is about failure when trying to connect to the other computer with the simple Screen Share of Mac (not with Apple Remote Desktop).

Does anyone else experience the same issue? Could someone help to fix it?

Thank you in advance!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS High Sierra (10.13)

Posted on Apr 15, 2018 10:03 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

screen sharing doesn't work on 10.13.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.