Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MS Word Force Quit

The only action I can currently take on MS Word on my Macbook Air is Force Quit.

What I would like to do is open the application from the doc or open .docx files from finder. Can't do either.

I gave remote access to MS support the other day and typically it worked fine. MS Office 365 is all up to date and Excel is working fine.

There are no updates to install in the app store, iOS is up to date.

Please advise.

TIA.

EJ

MacBook Air, macOS High Sierra (10.13.4), MS Office

Posted on May 21, 2018 9:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2018 10:40 AM

estherflipflop wrote:

I have Office 365 subscription version 16.12.

Seems it is compatible

Microsoft Office support for macOS 10.13 High Sierra - Office Support

Update history for Office 2016 for Mac - Office Support

To get the latest update, open an Office for Mac application, go to the Help > Check for Updates menu, and follow the instructions in the AutoUpdate app.

Since this is a third party app what does Microsoft Support suggest? This maybe your best bet to resolve your issue.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 21, 2018 10:40 AM in response to estherflipflop

estherflipflop wrote:

I have Office 365 subscription version 16.12.

Seems it is compatible

Microsoft Office support for macOS 10.13 High Sierra - Office Support

Update history for Office 2016 for Mac - Office Support

To get the latest update, open an Office for Mac application, go to the Help > Check for Updates menu, and follow the instructions in the AutoUpdate app.

Since this is a third party app what does Microsoft Support suggest? This maybe your best bet to resolve your issue.

May 21, 2018 10:04 AM in response to estherflipflop

You are running High Sierra, but what version of MS Word?

Before High Sierra launched, Microsoft announced that it would not be offering “formal support” for its Office 2011 apps in macOS 10.13 High Sierra. Support for Office 2011 for Mac was due to end on 10 October 2017 anyway.

This doesn't mean that your Office 2011 apps will not work in High Sierra, but it is possible that you will encounter issues with them - and Microsoft will not be addressing any issues with the suite of apps including:

• Word 2011
  • Excel 2011
  • PowerPoint 2011
  • Outlook 2011

We have tested Word 2011 and it does seem to work in High Sierra, but we would advise against relying on it, just in case a glitch causes you to lose your work.

MS Word Force Quit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.