Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi not working with iOS 11.4

I upgraded to iOS 11.4 and since then wi-fi doesn't work.

It's on on the control centre and in the settings menu I see the name of the network next to "wi-fi" as if it was connected, but when I go into the wifi menu the switch is off and I cannot turn it on.

I tried everything, from resetting network settings, to turning off network assist and the Wi-fi networking on location services, and nothing worked.

Also tried to set up the phone as new and the problem was solved, but then when I restored the back up I got the same issue again. I'd really like to avoid having to set up the device as new, because I don't have enough space on the cloud for everything on my phone, so I'd lose content anyway and I don't want that.

Anyone else with the same issue?

Do you think the next patch will fix it?

When will there be a next patch?

iPhone 8, iOS 11.4

Posted on Jun 7, 2018 1:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2018 12:36 AM

Yes, I'm assuming the iOS version has something to do with this issue, because before the upgrade to iOS 11.4 everything worked just fine, and now it doesn't. I would say this has to do with some interaction between the upgrade and the data that was already on my phone, no? So possibly a patch will fix it?

I know several other people with the same exact issue and I don't think we all have the same corrupt app or data - but we all have iOS 11.

Similar questions

59 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 8, 2018 12:36 AM in response to sberman

Yes, I'm assuming the iOS version has something to do with this issue, because before the upgrade to iOS 11.4 everything worked just fine, and now it doesn't. I would say this has to do with some interaction between the upgrade and the data that was already on my phone, no? So possibly a patch will fix it?

I know several other people with the same exact issue and I don't think we all have the same corrupt app or data - but we all have iOS 11.

Jun 7, 2018 6:28 PM in response to inesgsilva

inesgsilva wrote:

Do you think the next patch will fix it?

When will there be a next patch?

You seem to be incorrectly assuming the iOS version has something to do with this issue. Instead, since restoring your backup causes the issue to surface, yet using the iPhone set up as new causes it to go away, it sounds very much like you have some corrupt app or data.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

Jun 15, 2018 8:10 AM in response to inesgsilva

I would encourage everyone to do some additional testing on this similar to what I did below and file a bug report if you can.

I'm having the exact same issue. I tried both resetting the network settings and doing a full restore from backup (which is especially frustrating now that you can't reload apps from iTunes and need to use Wifi to reload the apps). Neither solution worked. You know what does work though, if I get my iPhone within a couple of feet of my access point I can connect. I only get full signal if I'm within one foot. This is clearly an issue with 11.4 and not an issue with corrupt data.

Jun 15, 2018 2:07 PM in response to inesgsilva

Apple needs to stop giving run around reset this and reset that and turn phone off and on Etc. Fact is plain and simple I updated my IPhone X and my IPad Pro to the new 11.4 and magically WiFi and Data stops working it chooses every once in awhile to work but for the most part you can’t do anything. Apple needs to fix the issue in software and stop trying to pass it on as something else.

Jun 19, 2018 12:48 PM in response to inesgsilva

I have a friend that had the this issue. What we did to fix this was we went into Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings. It will ask you to confirm to reset the network settings to factory default just ok that part. We restarted the phone, just for good measure, then joined the phone back to the wireless network and everything is working as it should.

Hopefully this helps

Ray

Jun 23, 2018 7:38 AM in response to inesgsilva

I also have this issue with iPhone 8+ and iPad Pro 9.7 after updating to 11.4

On rare occasion when they do connect is is at 1-2 Mb per second. Previously was 20+ Mb second.

Can get within 2 feet of router and then and only then connects reliably at 40+ Mb second.

Have done hard reboot on both devices and also reset network settings. None have worked.

Am totally getting tired of this crap pushed out by Apple. Was one thing when happening on old hardware. Total nonsense on the latest equipment.

Wifi not working with iOS 11.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.