Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac won't read video files from memory card

So I have a Lumix DMC-G3, and most of the time when I do video it works well and the mac can read it.

But I guess few times the settings were on something else, so it didn't record as a MOV, and when I try to import my videos, the Mac can't even recognize it.

How do I get my mac to recognize all types of video files?

P.S. It's able to recognize all the photo files, just not all the video files. The video files won't even show up when I go through finder to look at it in the folder.
But I know they're there because when I put the memory in my camera, it shows up in my camera

MacBook Pro with Retina display, iOS 11.3, null

Posted on Jun 16, 2018 2:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2018 1:49 AM

OMG Thank you soooo much, for months now I've been struggling to figure out what was wrong, and I've been very distraught about it because I didn't want to lose the files, but now I can get them on my mac, and I see everything.. THANK you so much. I seriously can't thank you enough. This just made my day

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 17, 2018 1:49 AM in response to léonie

OMG Thank you soooo much, for months now I've been struggling to figure out what was wrong, and I've been very distraught about it because I didn't want to lose the files, but now I can get them on my mac, and I see everything.. THANK you so much. I seriously can't thank you enough. This just made my day

Jun 16, 2018 2:19 PM in response to 3wishes3

but when I put the memory card into my mac, it doesn't recognize it at all, so I can't see it on my mac.

Do you mean the Mac does not recognize the card at all, not even Photos? Take a few photos with the camera, so the photos may trigger the card to show.

Can you see the videos, if you keep the card in the camera, change the mode of the camera to connect to the computer, then connect the camera to a USB port?

Mac won't read video files from memory card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.