Announcement: Update to iOS 12

Enjoy a faster and more responsive experience as well as fun new features, like Memoji and Camera Effects.
Get iOS 12 > https://support.apple.com/ios/update

Question:

Question: IOS 11.4.1 Terrible battery drain

I was on ios 11.3 and updated to iOS IOS 11.4.1 which shocked me with severe battery drain. I’d say iOS 11.3 served better battery consumption. Please, Apple, do something to iOS IOS 11.4.1 to prevent battery drain. My device is iPad mini 2 with retina display.

null-OTHER, iOS 11.4.1, IPad mini 2 retina cellular and wif

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Jul 18, 2018 3:54 AM in response to mike_diachenko In response to mike_diachenko

Just for test purposes I have Erased all Settings and Content. And I have still the same issue - battery is draining like 1 minute = 1%.... @Apple, come on!!! Stop this madness!

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Page content loaded

Jul 12, 2018 2:00 AM in response to Farghalalimabrouk In response to Farghalalimabrouk

Same Problem here: 11.4 was perfectly fine. 11.4.1 (iphone X) is problematic -> huge battery drain & Siri is the main battery consumer now. Can this be fixed? Anyone else this problem?

Jul 12, 2018 2:00 AM

Reply Helpful (21)

Jul 16, 2018 3:16 AM in response to Farghalalimabrouk In response to Farghalalimabrouk

I have the same problem with iOS 11.4.1 on iPhone 8 Plus

Everything was perfectly ok with 11.4 now the phone seems to drain a lot of battery doing nothing.

Since a year I have turned off location services for most of the apps except for the necessary and background app refresh is also off but still for some reason my battery is drai

Jul 16, 2018 3:16 AM

Reply Helpful (3)

Jul 16, 2018 1:56 PM in response to Farghalalimabrouk In response to Farghalalimabrouk

Same for me. I was on 11.3 and updated 11.4 and battery life went crashing. I thought the recent 11.4.1 was supposed to fix the battery drain issue but it looks like its done nothing.

Jul 16, 2018 1:56 PM

Reply Helpful (8)

Jul 16, 2018 4:09 PM in response to Farghalalimabrouk In response to Farghalalimabrouk

Same here. The company apple has gone from world class to complete f* up. They care more about getting it out than getting it right.

I can’t even access the battery option. Constantly resets itself. What a health and safety issue.

Really considering switching to another brand. Fed up

Jul 16, 2018 4:09 PM

Reply Helpful (1)

Jul 16, 2018 7:05 PM in response to Farghalalimabrouk In response to Farghalalimabrouk

I suggest that if you're having any kinds of battery issues right after the update, go to the settings and reset your phone to all settings and network settings. don't worry, it won't reset any apps or any data on your iPhone. And see for yourself if you're still experiencing any battery drain issues. Because every time i'm installing a software update to my phone, i always used that method and it works 87% all the time.

Jul 16, 2018 7:05 PM

Reply Helpful (1)

Jul 17, 2018 12:04 AM in response to king166 In response to king166

Before posting a message here, I have tried any kind of settings reset: all settings, after network settings. And the issue is still present.

At the moment using my iPhone without Wi-Fi, Location services and all the time on Power saving mode. At least it help somehow to use the iPhone.

Jul 17, 2018 12:04 AM

Reply Helpful

Jul 17, 2018 10:45 AM in response to Farghalalimabrouk In response to Farghalalimabrouk

Just a terrible update. My phone restarted 3 times today. Battery life was bad to begin with, even with a brand new battery installed, and now it's just ridiculous. As an example, at over 30% left I was simply doing a search for a particular email. After a few minutes there first was an error, and then the phone just shut down. iPhone 6.

Jul 17, 2018 10:45 AM

Reply Helpful

Jul 17, 2018 1:47 PM in response to Farghalalimabrouk In response to Farghalalimabrouk

I say we boycott all apple products until they put their customers first and fix the problems before releasing an update and not fixing the problem, making the problem worse and/or causing new problems.

Enough is enough!!

Jul 17, 2018 1:47 PM

Reply Helpful (3)

Jul 18, 2018 3:54 AM in response to mike_diachenko In response to mike_diachenko

Just for test purposes I have Erased all Settings and Content. And I have still the same issue - battery is draining like 1 minute = 1%.... @Apple, come on!!! Stop this madness!

Jul 18, 2018 3:54 AM

Reply Helpful (5)
User profile for user: Farghalalimabrouk

Question: IOS 11.4.1 Terrible battery drain