Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Boot camp bluetooth problems resolved

Hi all, I have had the bluetooth problems described, amongst others, here:

Bluetooth not working on Windows Boot Camp Macbook

Bluetooth Issue Windows 10 Bootcamp - Connecting devices

Problem Bootcamp Windows 10 & Bluetooth

Bluetooth problem in BootCamp

In my case, that is with a MacBook Pro 15" 2017 model (MacBookPro13,3). Whenever I was using windows via boot camp, bluetooth would be quite unstable, and latest as soon as the WiFi was in use, the bluetooth mouse was gone.

At some point, with new drivers from Apple the problem got better, but it returned. Now I think I know why and I want to share my findings with you:

When I download the boot camp drivers package (Windows Support Software)

User uploaded file

and install it in bootcamp, the bluetooth drivers are renewed and everything works fine. Now, once I start the boot camp partition into parallels and, at a later point, boot into the boot camp partition via boot camp again, the drivers seem to be broken again. Rerunning the support software helps again.

Hope this will be of help for some of you guys, it sure cost me some nerves to find this.

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017), macOS High Sierra (10.13.6), null

Posted on Sep 16, 2018 9:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2018 7:26 AM

Sure, it is. I posted this to point people with similar problems in the right direction. After all, the problem occurs only in Boot Camp; in parallels, the macOS drivers will be used and no problem will be visible. Thus, it is not immediately apparent that the problem lies with Parallels.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 17, 2018 7:26 AM in response to Loner T

Sure, it is. I posted this to point people with similar problems in the right direction. After all, the problem occurs only in Boot Camp; in parallels, the macOS drivers will be used and no problem will be visible. Thus, it is not immediately apparent that the problem lies with Parallels.

Sep 17, 2018 6:20 AM in response to kiyux

kiyux wrote:

Now, once I start the boot camp partition into parallels and, at a later point, boot into the boot camp partition via boot camp again, the drivers seem to be broken again. Rerunning the support software helps again.

This is a Parallels issue, not a BC Drivers issue. Re-installing BC drivers should not be necessary.

Sep 17, 2018 10:26 AM in response to kiyux

kiyux wrote:

After all, the problem occurs only in Boot Camp; in parallels, the macOS drivers will be used and no problem will be visible. Thus, it is not immediately apparent that the problem lies with Parallels.

Parallels cannot use macOS drivers for BT. Parallels uses virtual hardware, which is where the problem lies.

Boot camp bluetooth problems resolved

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.