Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple watch series 4 and iphone 6 plus issues

Hello all,

Just wanted to take a minute and report some issues I have been having with my iPhone 6 Plus and Watch Series 4... Though the apple website indicates the iPhone 6 plus is compatible with the new series 4, I have had issues with installing third-party apps. Whenever I tap install in the Apple Watch iPhone app, the application reinstalls on my iPhone, but does not show up on my watch. I addition, with specific regards to the nike run club app, I receive a prompt to update the app even though there are no pending updates on the App Store.

Wondering if anyone else has had these issues? Hopefully this is just a bug and it gets sorted in future iOS/watch os updates.

PS: I reset both devices to try to fix the issues but no luck...

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 12.1, watch series 4

Posted on Nov 11, 2018 10:45 AM

Similar questions

6 replies

Nov 13, 2018 7:36 AM in response to bbarbirato1

Greetings, bbarbirato1.

I see that you're having an issue between your iPhone 6 Plus and your Apple Watch Series 4. Whenever you install a third party application in the Watch Application, it doesn't show up on the watch. You're also notified that the applications on your Apple Watch needs updating, but you're not finding any to update. I'm happy to help. Test the issue after each step.

1. Turn off your Apple Watch and iPhone in that order. Then restart your iPhone first.

2. Make sure your Apple Watch and iPhone are up to date.

3. Unpair your Apple Watch and iPhone, then set up your Apple Watch again.

Let me know how that goes, and take care!

Nov 20, 2018 6:08 PM in response to i_rina

This did not work for me.

I tried restoring my Apple Watch from back and also setting up as a new watch when re-pairing and it made no difference either way.

Any IOS app that has recently updated does not install the Watch app. I can remove and reinstall any of the older (not recently updated) apps, but anything that has new IOS version of the app does not work.

I now have 5 of the 13 apps that should be installed available on my watch. As more apps update on my phone, less and less apps are synced to my watch ☹.

I also have an iPhone 6Plus, Apple Watch Series 4. Both have absolutely latest versions of all software.

Nov 24, 2018 9:48 AM in response to GervaisdeM

Hello GervaisdeM, Im glad to know this is a known issue and that we are raising awareness about it. Since you commented on this thread, an additional 5 apps have updated and now only 3 third party apps appear on my watch out of the apparently supported 16 apps... Hopefully this will be sorted in the near future.. again, restoring both devices did not resolve the issue and a hope we are not bullied into buying new phones..

Thanks!

apple watch series 4 and iphone 6 plus issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.