Newsroom Update

Apple News+ introduces Quartiles, a new original spelling game, and Offline Mode for subscribers. Learn more >

I updated to IOS 17.4.1 and now my mail app is running extremely slow. Anyone else?

Since the update, my mail sometimes doesn’t show up for minutes, takes even longer to load new messages and doesn’t mark them as read. Did they

do something to mail?

iPhone 14 Pro

Posted on Apr 11, 2024 2:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2024 5:26 AM

@SravanKrA - You’ve mentioned on a few posts relating to this issue, that it is ‘surely not 17.4.1’, however a fair few long term mail users who use this platform for personal and business have come out to say there’s an obvious issue. How about acknowledging there ‘may’ be an issue and that we aren’t all just ‘first time email users as of iOS 17.4.1’? 🤷‍♂️

20 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 11, 2024 5:26 AM in response to SravanKrA

@SravanKrA - You’ve mentioned on a few posts relating to this issue, that it is ‘surely not 17.4.1’, however a fair few long term mail users who use this platform for personal and business have come out to say there’s an obvious issue. How about acknowledging there ‘may’ be an issue and that we aren’t all just ‘first time email users as of iOS 17.4.1’? 🤷‍♂️

May 6, 2024 8:28 AM in response to Barbiekrug

I can't believe Apple is saying the new update is not the issue when it truly is! They need to get this resolved. Others mentioned the battery drain, and I hadn't thought of that, but that's true too. I have to charge in the middle of the day and never had to do that before, so this last update is TERRIBLE. Apple needs to, fix it!!

May 3, 2024 2:38 PM in response to Barbiekrug

I’m running 17.4.1. I’ve been using computers since 1966. And I’ve used numerous email clients. (Anyone remember Fortė Agent?) Earlier this week the TLDR daily newsletter stopped showing up in my inbox. I went looking. Turns out the email headers are there. But every single message body says, “This message has not been downloaded from the server.” That same message shows up on countless other emails.

something is very wrong. Luckily I have Outlook on all my devices. Until this is fixed, I’m done with iOS mail.

Tony Lima

Apr 11, 2024 2:53 AM in response to Barbiekrug

Remove your email account and set it up again

Make sure that all of your emails are there or make sure that your email is saved somewhere other than your device. On your device, go to Settings > Mail, then tap Accounts. Tap the email account that you want to remove. Tap Delete Account.

If you can't receive email on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ...

If you can't send an email on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch

1. When you make an iOS or iPadOS backup in iCloud or iTunes, it backs up your mail settings, but not your email. ... 
  2. Make sure your device is connected to the Internet.
  3. Check with your email service provider to find out if there's a service outage.

More items...

If you can't send an email on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch ...

Which email account are you referring to? Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other (Refer to the pic )below

1. Is this your corporate iPhone? Then please contact the system administrator of your corporate
  2. If it is your personal device, in that case, do you have any profile installed by your corporate/organisation/enterprise/School Management?
    1. Erase the profile added by you If you have installed a profile on your own --> Install or remove configuration profiles on iPhone - Apple ...
    2. Or please contact the system administrator of the organisation who provided the profile to you

Apr 11, 2024 2:59 AM in response to Barbiekrug

It surely is not iOS 17.4.1 because...

I conducted a thorough search of this forum using the term 'Mail slow iOS ' and uncovered numerous posts detailing similar issues across various iOS updates. This suggests that iOS updates may not consistently be the root cause. Below are a handful of examples extracted from over 1,500 search results:

"After iOS 17.4.1" will be an addition to this list posted by you.

It's possible there's a known issue with your device

I updated to IOS 17.4.1 and now my mail app is running extremely slow. Anyone else?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.