Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Allow App and Book Assignment?" notification never stops. How do I accept terms of service? No accept / Agree button?

Hello,

Using the iPhone of various models After I install a program called Microsoft Intune Company Portal and I sign in to the program and it creates a management profile, A popup keeps showing up called.

"Allow App and Book Assignment?"

"i.manage.microsoft.com" would like to assign apps and books to you.

When i press Continue It opens a 2 page Apple Media Terms and Service agreement (ToS).

But after you view 2 pages , there's no way to accept the agreement or continue.

There's an email option, but emailing the ToS does not allow one to proceed foward.

I can close out the ToS, but the i.manage.microsoft.com pop will appear all the time.

It's driving me crazy. I can't text, I cant surf , I can take a picture, read a text or use apps, without this popup coming up all the time. This happens with various Iphone models. Becuase I install the intune software for work employees.

iPhone 8

Posted on May 31, 2019 1:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2019 3:15 PM

I also brought this issue up with microsoft and this is the workaround they concluded:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/bd0f27e7-9289-4364-8ea7-2cca74a3bd2b/imanagemicrosoftcom-pop-up-notification-wont-stop-popping-up-cant-agree-or-progress-past-2?forum=microsoftintuneprod&prof=required

++ What you have to do is install Intune and complete the install and registration on the iPhone.

Then you do the same on the iPad. (using the same user's credentials.)

++ On the Ipad though you will be able to press the "agree button" on the terms of service

++ Once you do that on the Ipad, the settings are transferred to the Iphone through Intune

++ And your phone should not have any more pop ups, because it did it on the Ipad.

++ Lastly remove the Ipad from the user's phone in the Intune --> devices.

*Note: i haven't tried doing this on another Iphone that already works*

Microsoft says this is due to the latest IOS versions affecting intune on Iphones. Who knows who's at fault, this is a workaround and hopefully will be fixed so we dont have to rely on an Ipad.

37 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 5, 2019 3:15 PM in response to MF_Hawk

I also brought this issue up with microsoft and this is the workaround they concluded:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/bd0f27e7-9289-4364-8ea7-2cca74a3bd2b/imanagemicrosoftcom-pop-up-notification-wont-stop-popping-up-cant-agree-or-progress-past-2?forum=microsoftintuneprod&prof=required

++ What you have to do is install Intune and complete the install and registration on the iPhone.

Then you do the same on the iPad. (using the same user's credentials.)

++ On the Ipad though you will be able to press the "agree button" on the terms of service

++ Once you do that on the Ipad, the settings are transferred to the Iphone through Intune

++ And your phone should not have any more pop ups, because it did it on the Ipad.

++ Lastly remove the Ipad from the user's phone in the Intune --> devices.

*Note: i haven't tried doing this on another Iphone that already works*

Microsoft says this is due to the latest IOS versions affecting intune on Iphones. Who knows who's at fault, this is a workaround and hopefully will be fixed so we dont have to rely on an Ipad.

Aug 22, 2019 11:47 PM in response to MF_Hawk

We have this issue too, and it is definitely related to MS intune, rather than the iOS device itself. Some things we noticed about our setup:

1. Enrolment Profiles - corrupt enrolment file due to a field with too many characters, this wasn't allowing us to update and hide the available options on setup. We believe the T&Cs issue is related to this.
    2. iOS 12.2 and below are not impacted by this issue. 12.2.1 and above are impacted.
    3. Newly enrolled DEP devices do not see this issue, but factory reset DEP devices do if they're above 12.2.
    4. We currently use the legacy VPP, and have not migrated to the new app distro platform, this we are investigating.

We've a ticket open with MS premium support, but since fixing our enrolment profile, it seems to have gone away. Time will tell.

Aug 6, 2019 10:44 AM in response to Caretsarbtiern

Apparently the question pop up appears when the user has installed one of the apps via their own Apple ID/account. When the user removes all of these apps and reinstall them using Intune the pop up should not reappear.

Still need to to find the time to do this on my iPhone. When it’s successful I will let you know, when you try it let me (us) know if this resolves the issue.

Aug 8, 2019 10:32 AM in response to MF_Hawk

This issue is also occurring on some our managed devices. Trying to narrow it down to determine if it is related to iOS version.

The devices that are experiencing the issue are running iOS 12.3 and below, whereas 12.4 is available.

Cannot comment on whether it is really related to user owned apps, given that I personally erased an iPhone via Erase All Content and Settings > Setup as New > MFA + Comp Portal + Outlook were the only items assigned. Pop-up to "Allow App and Book Assignment" still occurred.

Aug 27, 2019 4:55 PM in response to MF_Hawk

I've found that this was due to a single app that had a 'User License' applied through InTune rather than a 'Device License'.

We don't apply any iTunes accounts to our users so we ONLY apply device based licenses.

This one was applied by accident, once converted to a device license the prompt was no longer showing after enrollment.

Aug 30, 2019 7:19 AM in response to HoustonAU

To dismiss the “Allow App and Book Assignment?” pop-up

on your iPhone, please follow the below steps.

Click on the Settings app on the Home

Screen 

Select your

Apple ID account

Here is the instructions from the IT department at my work. It seems to work.

Click iTunes

& App Store 

Slide the toggle on for

both Apps and Books & Audiobooks  

You have now allowed automatic downloads of apps form Intune

Comp Portal and should no longer receive the pop-up. 

Sep 12, 2019 6:01 PM in response to brianx22

Ok. The accept apps and books in settings didn’t work. My IT guy at work had to reset my intune. So from the company site they disconnected my intune account and then rejoined me. I had to go through the setup steps again for allowing management of my profile by my companies intune. The IT group requested DO NOT TRY to download apps from intune. Once you try it will perpetually send you the agreement with no way to accept it. Supposedly if you do it from an iPad it will work. But it’s broken on the iPhone.

Sep 14, 2019 11:15 PM in response to bjrch

Unfortunately Apple came back to me (after 4 months!!!) with the conclusion it is not an Apple issue, but an InTune issue. Personally I doubt it in an InTune issue, as the issue is that the Apple media terms are displayed in the App Store application of Apple.

Did anybody logged the the issue with Microsoft and what is their response?

Sep 16, 2019 8:36 AM in response to bjrch

It looks like a formatting issue. If you have a larger form factor device, such as an iPad, the accept button is available. Once you accept the EULA, then all your other devices will work without issue. It's a one time setting if your company deploys VPP apps with a "user license" vs "device license" setting.

Microsoft is saying its an Apple issue yet all the iOS betas have NOT fixed this. Here is what MS says: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Intune-Customer-Success/Known-Issue-iOS-12-2-Terms-and-Conditions/bc-p/785167

Sep 20, 2019 6:10 AM in response to bjrch

Same Here bjrch. I upgraded this morning and there is an 'accept' button but it has no effect. My VPP licensed apps never install and the prompt to accept pops up over and over again on the device making it unusable. This is so frustrating as I'm not able to move forward on my company project and deploy phones because of this.

"Allow App and Book Assignment?" notification never stops. How do I accept terms of service? No accept / Agree button?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.