Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to disable “one more minute” on Screen Time?

Hi Guys, i used to use the Screen Time to lock my apps, using 1 minute as time limit for all apps. After IOS 13, now there is a option that you can access any app for “one more minute”. I think that it can be usefull for somepeople but i really didnt like that there is no option to disable it. Is there any way to disable? Thanks

iPhone XR

Posted on Sep 20, 2019 2:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2019 8:38 AM

Screen Time was a great initiative, but please Apple, with the next update can you allow parents the ability to disable the 'One more minute' option. Screen time is effectively useless without this function as children just repeatedly tap the 'One more minute' button and go over the allotted time by as much as they want to. As mentioned by other parents, many children do not have the self control to limit the time they are using their device which was why Screen Time was previously a good way of helping them regulate use on an electronic device.

120 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 19, 2019 8:38 AM in response to brunopetena

Screen Time was a great initiative, but please Apple, with the next update can you allow parents the ability to disable the 'One more minute' option. Screen time is effectively useless without this function as children just repeatedly tap the 'One more minute' button and go over the allotted time by as much as they want to. As mentioned by other parents, many children do not have the self control to limit the time they are using their device which was why Screen Time was previously a good way of helping them regulate use on an electronic device.

Aug 19, 2020 11:10 AM in response to intrepidyorkshire

intrepidyorkshire wrote:

Maybe Apple should stop calling this Apple Support Communities? As when you see ‘Apple Support’ you assume it’s..... Apple Support.

Exactly what this forum is is explained in the Terms of Use to which we all agreed when we registered.

7 Apple may respond to questions but does not formally provide technical support on the Site.

Apple Support Communities Use Agreement - Apple Community

Android is my entire family’s future now, I’ve had enough.

You should absolutely by the phone that best meets your needs. Personally, I'd recommend phones by Motorola if that's an option for you. They tend to have fantastic battery life and (at least they used to) have less bloatware than say, a Samsung. Also, less history of exploding

Apr 1, 2021 9:10 PM in response to JmuirheadIII

Actually, your child’s account can be set up as a child account indefinitely. I’m over 13 and am still subject to these parental controls. After 13, a child can have a regular iCloud account, and I think this is the default, but this can be changed when your kid’s account is created/set up. I don’t remember how this is done but I’m sure you can look it up. Kids soon to turn 13 that are under parental restrictions do not get released from these restrictions. I think the main thing that can be set up is Apple Pay, but I think it’s only with parental permission and such. I’m not sure about the “one more minute” thing, but I’m pretty sure it’s just one (I looked into it, here’s the link to another discussion about this issue)

How to disable “one more minute” on Screen Time?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.