Question:

Question: iPhone 11 Pro Max 4G LTE Signal Issue

The new iPhone 11 Pro Max loses 4G signal from time to time (every a few minutes) when the Wi-Fi is off or no valid Wi-Fi hot spot is nearby.

Wi-Fi is off: The 4G signal drops to null in a sudden, and restores to full (4 bars) in 2-3 seconds. This happens regularly.

Wi-Fi is connected: The bars are steady - stay at 4 all the time.

I have tried:

1. Disable Auto Network Selection
  2. Reset Network Settings
  3. Reset All Settings
  4. Reset All Content and Settings

None of them shows promising improvement.

iPhone XS

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Sep 28, 2019 6:58 AM in response to Viet Dao In response to Viet Dao

I just got back from Apple Store and they swapped out my phone for a new one and the problem was fixed!!!

I would suggest doing these steps first before you go to Apple Store:

1) Call your cell company to debug first. Apple is going to say since it’s cell service issue and it’s not Apple problem. Cell company is going to go through list of debugging issues (reset network settings, etc) to see if that fixes your issues. If that doesn’t fix, continue debugging steps below.

2) Do a screen record of your phone dropping the cellular connection as evidence of you having issues just in case you’re in the Apple store and you can’t reproduce the issue.

3) Backup your phone. I used my laptop to backup because it restores much faster that way than going through WiFi.

4) Do a full wipe of your phone and set up your phone as a new phone (don’t restore from backup). This way you can see if your cellular issues are from software or from hardware.

4) Test our your phone and see if you are experiencing same issues.

5) If your cell connection is still dropping, take it into the Apple Store.

Good luck! I feel this is for sure a hardware issue for most people!

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Sep 26, 2019 4:28 PM in response to ming36 In response to ming36

I have an iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB and I am having horrible service at home. My phone mostly has one bar signal on Verizon Wireless. I am only experiencing these hardships at home when I get close to my chimney; however, throughout my home, I always carry one signal bar (2 at best). Also, my friend has a iPhone 11 Pro. And, I can here my echo when he has me on speaker. Also, I was not the only one to notice that. There was also someone else (idk what phone they have). Please help!

Sep 26, 2019 4:28 PM

Reply Helpful (3)

Sep 26, 2019 8:01 PM in response to Supersport1998 In response to Supersport1998

My friend has an iPhone 11 Pro and I always hear my echo when he has me on speaker (he also has Verizon). And was also told by someone other than me. My issue is the weak cellular signal at my home. My family has T-Mobile and their receptions are great. They have iPhone XS and 8 Plus. I has iPhone X with T-Mobile. Never had weak signal.

Sep 26, 2019 8:01 PM

Reply Helpful

Sep 26, 2019 8:02 PM in response to ming36 In response to ming36

I updated to 13.1 still having the same problem.. it is getting more annoying when the call cut off or then 4G signal came back with no data, only way to get it back is to reboot iphone few times a day. My friend got Iphone 11 Pro and didnt have the problem I wonder if I should get pro instead?

Sep 26, 2019 8:02 PM

Reply Helpful

Sep 27, 2019 9:22 PM in response to Viet Dao In response to Viet Dao

I have connectivity issues too with my 11 pro max. I live in an area with spotty connection but it’s much worse with the new phone versus my old XS Max. Upgrading to 13.1 did not help. Switched the SIM back to my old phone and it works just fine. Super frustrating.

Sep 27, 2019 9:22 PM

Reply Helpful (1)
Question marked as Helpful

Sep 28, 2019 6:58 AM in response to Viet Dao In response to Viet Dao

I just got back from Apple Store and they swapped out my phone for a new one and the problem was fixed!!!

I would suggest doing these steps first before you go to Apple Store:

1) Call your cell company to debug first. Apple is going to say since it’s cell service issue and it’s not Apple problem. Cell company is going to go through list of debugging issues (reset network settings, etc) to see if that fixes your issues. If that doesn’t fix, continue debugging steps below.

2) Do a screen record of your phone dropping the cellular connection as evidence of you having issues just in case you’re in the Apple store and you can’t reproduce the issue.

3) Backup your phone. I used my laptop to backup because it restores much faster that way than going through WiFi.

4) Do a full wipe of your phone and set up your phone as a new phone (don’t restore from backup). This way you can see if your cellular issues are from software or from hardware.

4) Test our your phone and see if you are experiencing same issues.

5) If your cell connection is still dropping, take it into the Apple Store.

Good luck! I feel this is for sure a hardware issue for most people!

Sep 28, 2019 6:58 AM

Reply Helpful (5)
User profile for user: ming36

Question: iPhone 11 Pro Max 4G LTE Signal Issue