Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro 16 inch Keyboard/Trackpad not functional for 30 seconds after opening.

I have an issue with my Macbook Pro 16 keyboard and trackpad not working, it seems like a few others have had similar issues, but with no solutions. The issue occurs mot often after it has gone into sleep mode, the keyboard and trackpad are disabled/not working for 15 seconds - 1 minute. Closing the laptop and reopening it doesn't resolve this issue; I still have to wait some time before I can use it. Interestingly enough, the Touchbar still works fine while the keyboard/trackpad is disabled.

Occasionally a screen comes up with looking for bluetooth keyboard, occasionaly there is also a lag and the track pad costs out without the computer going to sleep.

External mice/keyboards work fine when the computer wakes up.

As with other people on other threads, this issue has persisted since I picked up the machine. I thought that MacOS updates would solve this issue eventually, but I'm still having the issue.

It almost feels like a hardware failure like a doggy cable.

I have also occasionally noticed pops in the audio during these issues. i don't use a external keyboard or mouse, usually and bluetooth is not paired with anything.

Anyone else having this issue? Anyone have a solution?

System Details:

• Macbook Pro 16-inch, 2019
  • macOS Catalina 10.15.5
  • 2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
  • 16 GB RAM