Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unknown Error (-42800)

I’m getting this error almost every song I try and play. I’ve checked my settings and restarted the app as well as my phone, I don’t know what to do and would really like to be able to continue to listen to Apple Music.

What does this mean and how do I fix it?

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 11, 2021 9:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2021 4:26 PM

Hello madisonrkolb,

Thanks for visiting Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're seeing an error when trying to play songs from Apple Music. If you haven't already, restart your iPhone as restarting can resolve many odd issues: Restart your iPhone

If the error continues to appear, tap Settings > [your name at the top] > Media & Purchases > Sign Out. Wait a few seconds and sign back in, then try to play those songs again.

Keep us posted on the results.

Take care.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 12, 2021 4:26 PM in response to madisonrkolb

Hello madisonrkolb,

Thanks for visiting Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're seeing an error when trying to play songs from Apple Music. If you haven't already, restart your iPhone as restarting can resolve many odd issues: Restart your iPhone

If the error continues to appear, tap Settings > [your name at the top] > Media & Purchases > Sign Out. Wait a few seconds and sign back in, then try to play those songs again.

Keep us posted on the results.

Take care.

Unknown Error (-42800)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.